1. Collapse Details
    S16 primes on GH1??
    Hey guys!
    Would it be possible to force the sensor of the gh1 to read only 2/3rds of the sensor (center) and still create 1080p AVCHD? I have some s16 glass and the 9, 12, and 16 mm cover only about 2/3 of the sensor and the 25mm creates a slight vignetting. I know that a way to shoot would be shooting 1080 and then crop it to 720.. any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    So far, the only way to do it is to use the digital zoom feature, which is awful and nobody should ever do that.

For shooting stills, you can use the extended optical zoom feature, which does exactly what you're asking, but as of now that feature is not available when shooting video.

Maybe Vitaliy and team will be able to unlock that capability for video, but as of now, no.

So shooting 1080 and cropping in post remains the only viable option for video.

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Barry,
    Which lenses do you have (make and mount)? I've long been interested in using S16 primes on my GH1 using a PL mount adapter, and wondered about the coverage I was going to get. I know it will vary between lenses designed for S16 and 16mm, and between speed and super-speed varieties. There is no database for that available, AFAIK.

4. Collapse Details
    Ok, but my intention was to test cropping settings and ask others if somebody actually has successfully tested some.
    So I tried some crop settings in sensor mode4 but all I got was MJPEG clips with many white lines in it... I tried some changes in raw-input parameters too, but since i got no good results out of it I won't post them here...

And why do the Sensor Settings only have effect on MJPEG?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bah View Post
    Hi Barry,
    Which lenses do you have (make and mount)?
    In standard-16; I've got a Zeiss 10-100 T3 in Arri Bayonet mount, and the 10-100 T3.3 in CP mount, and the Angenieux 5.9 in CP mount. I've also got a number of old B&H lenses in c-mount for my S16 Filmo, I think I have 25/50/75/100 and maybe an 18mm.

I've long been interested in using S16 primes on my GH1 using a PL mount adapter, and wondered about the coverage I was going to get.
    Not a whole lot. You need to go beyond 25mm before you get full sensor coverage.

6. Collapse Details
    25mm cine kowa on gh1
    so here it is.. footage from my gh1 with 25mm 1:1.1 glass on self built pl-mount, no cropping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFnfG_XWB88

9-16mm lenses look like this =)
    P1050402.jpg