Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebat View Post
    im perplexed again...

if 60th can give film look by simulating the half duration trick, how to take footage for 2x slow motion? 30th shutter speed?
    Wrong thread/forum. Tons of this stuff elsewhere. Check the gh1 main forum; this has nothing to do with the hack.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Petanque View Post
    Wrong thread/forum. Tons of this stuff elsewhere. Check the gh1 main forum; this has nothing to do with the hack.
    yes it has everything to do with the hack cuz the hack changes the way it captures each frame. progressive non-segmented 30pN. thats 29.97 "snapshots" per second.

3. Collapse Details
    I am a bit confused as to what this latest patch provides regarding 1080p fhd. Is it the same 3 frame GOP and 50mbps set up as the 720p, still wrapped in the 60i package?
    The 3-frame GOP is used only in 720p30 AVCHD modes. Since 1080p24 video is still recorded in its 60i interlaced container, PTool cannot be used to alter its built-in 15-frame GOP. To see the difference, check out the GH13 Stream Parser screenshots I pasted under the FHD and SH frame samples in the second post of this thread:

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=2

The 720p30 MJPEG mode uses an intra-frame encoder that effectively has a 1-frame GOP (i.e. every frame is a key frame). This patch gives it a 65Mbps maximum bitrate and the MJPEG encoder uses it more effectively in low-light conditions than the AVCHD encoder does. With dimly-lit, low-detail images, the AVCHD encoder will inevitably reduce its bitrate. This enables it to record much longer videos than the MJPEG encoder can.
    Last edited by Lpowell; 09-17-2010 at 11:43 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    if 60th can give film look by simulating the half duration trick, how to take footage for 2x slow motion?
    For half-speed slow-motion playback, I'd recommend using the 720p60 AVCHD mode in my Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch, at 1/120 sec shutter speed:

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=219132

Naturally, you'll want to import the 720p60 video into a 720p30 timeline in your video editor to achieve the slow-motion effect.

5. Collapse Details
    that implies... switching hacked firmwares on the fly... with full battery.

well... it is what it is since its not possible to have 720/30p and 720/60p in one firmware hack. at least i understood what each mode can do. thanks again for the explanation.

6. Collapse Details
    yes it has everything to do with the hack cuz the hack changes the way it captures each frame. progressive non-segmented 30pN. thats 29.97 "snapshots" per second.
    The equation is the same hacked or not. You are asking questions regarding 180 degree shutter rule, and/or slow mo capture shutter speed ratios. These rules (if you can call them that) do not change regardless of the numbers you use. Not being a dick, just trying to get you the answers you need (you would have hours of reading in front of you in other forums, should you choose to look), as well as trying to keep the threads on topic.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    The 3-frame GOP is used only in 720p30 AVCHD modes. Since 1080p24 video is still recorded in its 60i interlaced container, PTool cannot be used to alter its built-in 15-frame GOP. To see the difference, check out the GH13 Stream Parser screenshots I pasted under the FHD and SH frame samples in the second post of this thread:

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=2

The 720p30 MJPEG mode uses an intra-frame encoder that effectively has a 1-frame GOP (i.e. every frame is a key frame). This patch gives it a 65Mbps maximum bitrate and the MJPEG encoder uses it more effectively in low-light conditions than the AVCHD encoder does. With dimly-lit, low-detail images, the AVCHD encoder will inevitably reduce its bitrate. This enables it to record much longer videos than the MJPEG encoder can.
    So, the 1080p FHD setting is your 40mbps reliable in camera playback setting?

8. Collapse Details
    The equation is the same hacked or not. You are asking questions regarding 180 degree shutter rule, and/or slow mo capture shutter speed ratios. These rules (if you can call them that) do not change regardless of the numbers you use. Not being a dick, just trying to get you the answers you need (you would have hours of reading in front of you in other forums, should you choose to look), as well as trying to keep the threads on topic.
    u r not being a dick. u just didnt quite understand what this particular 720/30p hack does. this latest "i" setting is not really optimized for 2x slowdown. the 180 degree shutter rule does not apply to the setting. i think thats important piece of information to know for those who r going to use this setting.

9. Collapse Details
    So, the 1080p FHD setting is your 40mbps reliable in camera playback setting?
    No, the 1080p24 setting in the Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch is capped at a 44Mbps maximum bitrate. It is the most reliable 1080p patch I know of.

The 1080p24 setting in the Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch is capped at a 55Mbps maxiimum bitrate. It produces higher quality 1080p video but for highest reliability, I'd recommend using fast Class 6 or Class 10 SD cards.
    Last edited by Lpowell; 09-17-2010 at 02:12 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    No, the 1080p24 setting in the Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch is capped at a 44Mbps bitrate. It is the most reliable 1080p patch I know of.

The 1080p24 setting in the Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch is capped at a 55Mbps bitrate. It produces higher quality 1080p video but for highest reliability, I'd recommend using fast Class 6 or Class 10 SD cards.
    Thanks.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast