Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by averan View Post
    l:...do you know what the highest mjpeg bitrate is that is playable in-camera?
    Yep, that's the 35Mbps MJPEG In-Camera Playback Patch:

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=215624

2. Collapse Details
    thanks.
    wasn't sure if that was max bitrate the camera could handle or just max stable bitrate for recording to class 6 cards.

3. Collapse Details
    i got a solution for low light no movement case. take a pic. optionally use ext flashes. optionally photoshop it. import it. drop it on timeline. set duration. done.

4. Collapse Details
    wiseguy eh?
    i meant no CAMERA movement and minimal movement of the subject.
    eg: person sitting. but their eyes will move, blink, look around, etc, so a photo won't cut it.
    but thanks for thinking creatively. ;)

5. Collapse Details
    sounds like very controlled settings. why not give more ambient lights and lower iso setting to simulate low light?

yes im concerned about failing gh13, too. not getting the mode setting i want at the moment i really need it? oh no!!! one day i might get pissed off and order GH2 body. hopefully GH2 hack is available and mature by then.

anyways good luck!

6. Collapse Details
    you mean UNcontrolled setting.
    and yes, most documentary work is 'catch as catch can'.
    of course there are always workarounds, time and space permitting.
    but it is good to know the limitations of this patch....which is why i've shared my experiences here.

7. Collapse Details
    Being 24p native can't be ticked successfully...
    what is the real frame-rate for LPowell's 40Mbps reliable patch with 1080p? And what is the frame-rate with the 50Mbps fast action patch?

8. Collapse Details
    Is an NTSC GH-1 set for Pal output laying down 25p in Mpeg mode?
    Hi All,

New to the forum. been trying Lowel's excellent fast 3 gop and reliable playback patches. They're incredible! Thanks!

I am having no problem checking 24p native AVCHD and writing to Class 10 cards, even when I set the 1920x1080 24p GOP to 3. Flawless looking stuff.

But I am having a major problem shooting PAL. I have an NTSC camera. When I load either the fast action or the reliable patch and set my camera to PAL output and put in a pal format sdhc card, all works great in AVCHD 25p mode. Avid reports it as a 25 frame format.

BUT - if I shoot in any MPEG mode, it seems to only shoot in 30p. 30fps on any PAL MPEG mode clip is reported by Quicktime, AVid, Eidus, TMpgenc, etc. These programs are unanimous that these supposed PAL mpeg clips are recorded at 30fps.

So I'm wondering, has anyone that has an NTSC camera and used these patches actually ever tested PAL Mpeg shooting and pulled the file into an editor? If so, are you seeing that it's a 25fps format? FWIW: My pal or ntsc mpeg clips with these patches look the same, i.e. the frame rates seem to match. And I shoot PAL all the time in Europe so I know the difference between the 25p look and the 30p look.

Thanks in advance for any help.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alyn99 View Post
    BUT - if I shoot in any MPEG mode, it seems to only shoot in 30p.
    That's right, the GH1's MJPEG encoder always produces 30p, regardless of whether you select NTSC or PAL.

There is a patch in PTool which allows you to change the MJPEG frame rate. However, it doesn't really change the inherent 30p frame rate; it just drops frames or duplicates them to produce the changed frame rate.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebat View Post
    mine had Ipowell's j setting. i replaced it with his "i" setting as soon as i read ipowell's posting on the friday night. yeah i was wondering why we need 60fps recording for 720 if we convert to 24p anyways. also i wondered if theres any noticeable difference between 24p and 30p. if 30p works, thats great. sometimes shutter speed at 1/30s does help. thats one stop gain from 1/60s. more efficient avchd recording and more bits squeezing. two thumbs up!!! thank you!!!
    for me, this part is huge.
    it's a little frustrating when i want to shoot 24p at 1080 that i have to set shutter to 1/60 and lose so muc light! with native 24p on video cameras you gain some light over shooting 30p, but the reverse is true on the gh1 since 24p is really recorded at 60i.

i'm really liking the stability, lowlight, and natural blur shooting 30p at 1/30, but wish i could get a full 1080 out of it. i guess i need to accept that this camera is really only a partial HD cam and, in that regard, a step down from the Canons.

but then i also really like being able to shoot 24p with some 60p for slowmo, which is my standard setup for documentary shoots. arrrrgh. do i go with 'great in lowlight, but no slowmo' or 'full HD + slowmo option'? the lowlight need will probably win out on an uncontrolled real-life documentary shoot.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast