Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    I liked this, i think the young actors were pretty good for non-professionals. More importantly i dug the story and liked the twist, i didn't see it coming. good job man.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

2. Collapse Details
    I thought I'd already left a comment, but I checked and it didn't look like I had. Sorry it took me so long. The car green-screen was great. I thought it was green-screen too, because it was so smooth and clean I was thinking that there was no way anybody could get that shot without a huge budget. LOL! I liked the story and I also could not predict the ending. I thought the actors were really good in some spots, but not as consistent in others. Overall you did a really nice job.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the comments everyone! I didn't see really anything about color correction or the sound/music. I'm assuming people thought both were appropriate.

4. Collapse Details
    Advice for making the finals. I think you had some quality cinematic moments - I liked the dolly shot when the mother was leaving showing us what the boy was doing. It told a lot visually. I think you should work a lot more of those kind of elements in.

Acting was a roller coaster - some moments it was there and some not. Inconsistency in acting can pull your audience out.

The car park scene. Sometimes the dialogue and acting were working against each other - the tension would go up, only to have the actor say a line that dropped it down - for what it seemed was foe the sake of getting info across. Maybe some more fluidity to the camera style here could have assisted in heightening the tension as well, adding some confusion.

VFX - looked great. Showing off some great after effects skill. I think if your going to dump a sudden rush of sci fi style vfx on the audience however, its better to give some lead in to it. Like some little elements, not knowing who they are coming from. But the sudden turn around of brightly coloured VFX was a bit of a POW - now we are watching a film instead of being a part of it. As a comparison - take a look at Darkline's VFX - all the elements used made up what was already in shot, light and shadows, wind, leaves and flies. Look forward to seeing you in the next fest.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Noel.

Overall, I'm happy with how Abducted turned out. Some great films in this small fest. No arguments from me on which films ended on top. Another finals miss is just another push to make an even better film next time!

6. Collapse Details
    Great job Elanor!!! " Don't Worry Alex It Won't Hurt ME" awesome!!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789