Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I made it!
    Hi all!

I build this kit... It is fully operational!

Thanks for the developer of that circuit!!!

P.S.: Appologize for the "landscapes" in the video!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Hi

here is another remote HMC ctrl, built few months ago. Zoom rocker is adapted from RC Model Lever (Futaba) with back spring function, Focus is made with precision multiturn potentiometer (10 turns), serves as the Follow focus.

/peter

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Chris,
    thanks for figuring out the electronics and documenting it so well !
    Markus

4. Collapse Details
    Are you going to put the PDF plan back up would love to see it

5. Collapse Details
    I bought the components to build one for my crane/jib, but became lazy and decided to buy this one http://www.studio1productions.com/zo...roller-dvx.htm, the only problem is the cable it comes with which is too short for cranes. I had to extend the cable and now works well with my HMC151. When you people talk of "stop" button do you mean "pause" button or "Off-ON" button?

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Guys

Just updating an old thread here...I have made one of these for my HMC82's and they are awesome indeed!!! The only difference is that I used two cables ..had plenty of spare USB cables which are 4 core and the cable is multistrand so it's tougher!!
    I would suspect the same remote should also work with the new AC130 and AC160.... A couple of pics are attached...I also love the focus shift switch..you can do a auto focus pull with it...very cool!!!

Chris

remote1.jpgremote2.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Wiring
    I can't get this to work and think I have the wiring wrong. The only thing that works is the Focus Auto/Manual switch. Please advise!

Attached Images Attached Images
    LegacyHDV.com
    MacPro | 8 Core, 20gb memory | Lion | FCS2/FCPX | Encore | (4) HMC150s

8. Collapse Details
    I don't see any wiring for zoom?? Is your unit only for iris and focus??? Check your connections on the quad plug too ...they are very close together and mustn't touch so a tiny tipped soldering iron is needed. If you followed the wiring diagram from the PDF file then it will work but make SURE the wires are soldered to the correct pins on the quad plug ..that will most likely be the problem!!

Chris

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Thank you for responding. Your box is awesome!

The zoom and record are working. They are independent of these ones, so I left them out. I bought a quad cable instead and soldered to the wires instead. The wiring diagram confused me (I've never done this). I tried to emulate the photos, which is what the diagram represents, but the diagram didn't seem to match with the photos, so I'm sure I read it wrong. I don't know if the resisters are right, etc.
    LegacyHDV.com
    MacPro | 8 Core, 20gb memory | Lion | FCS2/FCPX | Encore | (4) HMC150s

10. Collapse Details
    OK, if you take the cover off your 3.5mm quad plug, you have the shaft in the middle with 3 solder "segments" ...right at the end should be your red wire , second from the end must be blue (focus) then the white wire and lastly the yellow wire goes to the outside bit of the shaft .... Maybe take the cover off and shoot and post a photo of your wiring on the quad plug and I'll assist .... Check carefully if the colours run from the tip inside red, blue, white, yellow and then check you haven't got any blobs of solder touching each other..it that's all OK take a pic of the plug and cable (with the cover off)

Chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast