Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Kurt!

This time I used a couple of avenues. My AWESOME DP contacted a couple of agencies on my behalf and told them who I was interested in seeing based on the online headshots and resumes. That didn't get the turnout I'd hoped for - though did yield some results - so I posted on Craigslist in the Talent Gigs section with a casting breakdown and other specifics. For the most part, the resulting inquiries were appropriate. I only had one or two crackpots respond.

2. Collapse Details
    Cast is in place! See the first page for info.

Auditions went quite well. I was impressed by the level of talent that came out for my little film. I had some hard choices to make, that's for sure!

Filming is this weekend! Off to make shot lists and try to lock down my elusive locations - blurgh!

3. Collapse Details
    Glad you found actors. One less thing to worry about. Hope you're less of a wreck than I was prior to shooting weekend.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm nervous and I'm not nervous at the same time, which is a weird feeling. I've got a great crew coming together, however, I don't really know any of them. They are all referrals from friends or people the DP is bringing in for his camera crew. But, I have enough faith in them that I can let them worry about their jobs. I'm wearing fewer hats on this show than I ever have, and I really don't know how I feel about that!

5. Collapse Details
    If you weren't nervous then you're not normal, so embrace the nerves and kick some ass! break a leg, girl.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
    Portfolio of an Entertainment Blogger

6. Collapse Details
    Well, then, I'm hella normal, 'cause it just hit me that I will be on set in 48 HOURS and I'm so jittery I feel like I drank two venti quad mochas!

Just reserved our second and final location, which will also double as a home base since we will be shooting in beautiful Vancouver, WA, but our cast and crew all live in Portland.

7. Collapse Details
    Woo-hoo! Let the good times roll!

I'm doing my final pickups on Sat., but the nerves are behind me now.

8. Collapse Details
    Hope shooting is going well. Let us know.

9. Collapse Details
    Wrapped filming this evening at about 7:30. This weekend was possibly the most amazing weekend of my professional life. Such a great cast and crew. I even had a pro photographer taking BTS stills! How'd that happen? Oh, yeah, she's the wife of my DP and I'm editing a promo video for her kickstarter campaign. I love quid pro quo! Pics and stills to come in the next couple of days. Goodnight.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyO View Post
    Wrapped filming this evening at about 7:30. This weekend was possibly the most amazing weekend of my professional life. Such a great cast and crew. I even had a pro photographer taking BTS stills! How'd that happen? Oh, yeah, she's the wife of my DP and I'm editing a promo video for her kickstarter campaign. I love quid pro quo! Pics and stills to come in the next couple of days. Goodnight.
    Congrats on the wrap!
    Now I REALLY can't wait to see this one.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast