Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "No Soliciting" a film by Amy Beth O'Brien
    I'm back from the other side, and I brought a sweet little story with me.

Script in rewrites. Cast and crew coming together. More details to come.
    Happy ThrillFest, all!

Just "signed" Randy Sellars as DP.
    CAST

Cait Powers as "Diana"

Amanda Englund as "Lily"

Coltron James as "Donnie"

Last edited by AmyO; 10-21-2010 at 03:33 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Production Diary:

September 1st,

Just checked my calendar and realized I have rented my camera out for the weekend I plan to shoot (and the the following two weekends)! Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the DP I usually work with has his own cameras. BUT, he isn't available to shoot that weekend. Maybe his camera is. Aghhh! And I have a tenuous grasp on a lead actor as well. But, darn it, I'm determined to pull this together by September 25th. I'm too excited about this story to let these little things get me down!

September 8th,

Version 3 of the script is a GO! Whew! Now to find locations, cast, props, a CAMERA - what did I just walk in to? At least I just shook hands on a deal with a local DP - I'm going to edit a Kickstarter trailer for his wife, he's going to DP for me. w00t! We had a great two hour conversation about our respective projects and filmmaking in general. And the kicker? He contacted ME about the editing gig on recommendation of my usual DP, Sam (who was unavailable), and offered to barter services. I feel so much better about this now.

September 13th,

Oh boy! The key prop for the film arrived today, setting off a stream of butterflies in my stomach. I'm too excited to start rolling on this! But, I need to round out my crew and hold auditions on Saturday, so I've got to be patient yet. Oh! Locations! Gotta lock down my locations! YIKES!

September 20th,

Auditions went great! Had a small but talented pool of actors come in a read for me. Boy did they make my decision difficult! Ultimately, it came down to the best overall cast chemistry. We're going to have a cast meeting tomorrow to go over the script and work out character dynamics and dig into the subtext. First day of filming is SATURDAY! I hope I'm ready for this . . .

September 23rd,

Found our missing location! We are a go for this weekend! I can't sit still. I feel like I still have a thousand things I need to do, but then I remember OTHER PEOPLE are doing them! I really don't know what to do with myself having so many people working on this.

September 27th,
    We wrapped filming last night 7:30. It was an amazing two days. So many wonderful people came out to help, and I met most of them for the first time Saturday when I got to our first location! Randy, my DP, loves to encourage up and coming filmmakers and knows a lot of hard working young people willing to spend a weekend on a set to get experience. Top it off with an incredibly talented cast, and I couldn't have had a better shoot.

October 17th,
    I can feel the deadline approaching, and I'm oddly calm about it, but I've got a little bit of anxiety creeping in. I haven't been able to get a hold of the guy who was planning on doing my sound mix, so it looks like I will be doing that. I'm not entirely happy about that, but this is the cleanest project sound-wise I've worked on, so it's really just a matter of adjusting dialog levels and adding a couple of foley cues.

On a better "note," I got the score from Randin yesterday, and it is AWESOME. I got chills listening to it yesterday.
    Last edited by AmyO; 10-17-2010 at 10:09 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Behind the scenes courtesy of Kristin Zabawa.

Now I'm a "real" director. I have a, "Look, Ma! I'm a director!" picture.

And here's a non-staged one of me actually directing, or at least I think that's what I'm doing.

Working out a dolly move. Don't know what Cait and Amanda are laughing at. This was pretty much their "off-camera" state the whole weekend.

Caught in between takes.

Anatomy of a shot. (See screen capture in next post.)
    Last edited by AmyO; 10-04-2010 at 02:59 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Some stills we snapped with the 5D, which is quite a handy way to get some high quality "production stills".

Any more might be a spoiler, but at least you can get a taste.

10.01.10:
    Found this shot while editing yesterday:

Last edited by AmyO; 10-01-2010 at 10:13 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    YES! AmyO...GREAT to see you back. Is it safe to assume there will be children in this one?
    (Just a guess)

6. Collapse Details
    It is never safe to assume, my dear Zaza. ;-)

7. Collapse Details
    ^... I guess that's true, especially when it's a thriller!

8. Collapse Details
    This is definitely going to be my most mature film to date. PG-13 at least. I would even go as far as R. I'm very excited to green light the rewrite and get going on this!

9. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest!
    DVXUSER TimeFest!

10. Collapse Details
    Always enjoy your work, Amy. Looking forward to this one as well!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast