Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    David, you found that VSYNC isn't a reliable indicator of actual sync right - so doesn't that make it useless?

2. Collapse Details
    I'm seeing correlation with manual lenses - however - I don't need to check because I never get initial offset with manual lenses. I get massive offset approximately 25% of the time with M 4/3 lenses - and - there is no correlation to VSYNC. I'm working on a theory.... ISO gain and available light MIGHT be playing a role in the offset. I usually test in the dark, with only the light from the CRT illuminating the room. I THINK the offset problem is less prevalent when more light is available or the ISO is lower. This is a wild guess theory at the moment - I'll have to test to see if there is a shred of truth to it.

3. Collapse Details
    Check this out.... I was shooting a stranded pilot whale rescue in the Florid Keys last Thursday with my GH1 rig when I was approached by John Landau (Producer, Avatar & Titanic) !! He asked a lot of great questions about stereo with the GH1. Specifically, he wondered if Panasonic knows what we're up to. He seems like a hell of a good guy and was genuinely interested in a hack camera that could produce quality results. He didn't want to trade me for two of his new Epics, however :-)

4. Collapse Details
    I'm working on a theory.... ISO gain and available light MIGHT be playing a role in the offset. I usually test in the dark, with only the light from the CRT illuminating the room. I THINK the offset problem is less prevalent when more light is available or the ISO is lower. This is a wild guess theory at the moment - I'll have to test to see if there is a shred of truth to it.
    If it is light-related, then it might be the aperature.

Check this out.... I was shooting a stranded pilot whale rescue in the Florid Keys last Thursday with my GH1 rig when I was approached by John Landau (Producer, Avatar & Titanic) !!
    Nice .

5. Collapse Details
    I've confirmed that the GH2 also doesn't allow external mics and remotes at the same time, details in V's thread here.

6. Collapse Details
    Hi, I'm building a 3d RIG very similar to the one here, but to make it work properly (Fully calibrated), I need a couple of XYZ PLate, I want something simlar to this:

http://www.3dfilmfactory.com/index.p...d=56&Itemid=79

I really apreciate if someone point me to an Alternative, Thanks

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by andycorleone View Post
    Hi, I'm building a 3d RIG very similar to the one here, but to make it work properly (Fully calibrated), I need a couple of XYZ PLate, I want something simlar to this:

http://www.3dfilmfactory.com/index.p...d=56&Itemid=79
    Interesting, I'm just finalising my side-by-side mount (pics and footage when I have it), and an adjustable plate like that would definitely be useful - far too expensive for me though.

If my alignments get too rough (and they don't seem that bad so far) I'll look into a DIY solution. But if anybody knows something cheaper, let us know.

8. Collapse Details
    GH2-3DD on the pr3Dator

Here's my GH2-3DD rig, mounted on my DIY'ed side-by-side mount, the pr3Dator:

The mount is based on a couple of chopped-up shelf runners. The camera platforms are on ball bearings and can smoothly adjust interaxial between ~14cm -> 50cm. The arms that hold the platforms can then slide out to give a maximum 80cm for super-hypers.

The shutter circuit is driven by a modifed generic remote (seen dangling), which feeds N-channel mosfets. 8-pin AVR-based timelapsing is also implemented.

Everything is powered by a single 6800mah 12V Lithium-ion battery (which will also drive my 50%-done stereo monitor, that's what the arm in the middle is for), which also serves as the power-cycler. The circuit regulator drops that down to ~9.1V (any less would fail with a 10m DC power extension, for super-super-hypers ).

1st Quick Test Footage
    - watch in on Youtube in your preferred 3D mode and HD (1080p stutters like crazy here though :/ ).

Last edited by g.l; 06-10-2011 at 05:56 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    Nice rig! Can't wait to see footage! Think we should create a Stereoscopic GH1/2 Vimeo or YouTube group for footage?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cole View Post
    Nice rig! Can't wait to see footage!
    I've updated my last post with it (watch it on Youtube in 3D @ 1080p).
    Last edited by g.l; 06-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast