1. Collapse Details
    Transfer Mini DV camcorder tapes to DVD - What settings
    I have some Mini DV camcorder tapes that I captured and edited using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum HD 10. The clips are in AVI format now and I would like to render them at the highest quality possible to a DVD.

Can someone suggest what format/settings to get this. I will be using a single sided DVD and length of the clips won't be an issue to fit on the DVD. I've done some reading elsewhere and came up with the following - "For DVD you want interlace 720x480i/29.97 lower field first MPeg2 at sufficient bit rate".

Would this be the preferred way to do it?
    What bit rate should I set it too?
    For template is DVD NTSC the right one ( for U.S.), there are many choices in the templates.

I will be viewing them on a 46 inch 1080i TV. The tapes were filmed in 4:3, should I leave them in 4:3?
    Last edited by piperpilot12w; 08-28-2010 at 01:41 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    You would use either NTSC DVD, or NTSC DVD Architect format if Studio has it.

Whether or not you leave it at 4:3 is up to you. You'll keep the highest resolution if you do, though.
    70% OFF HOLIDAY SALE - DIGITAL DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    When I click on Project Properties for the DVD NTSC template, the default setting for deinterlace is Blend fields. Should I set it to None?

What bit rate should I set it to? There is a setting for Max, Average, and Min.