Thread: Parent / Child

1. Collapse Details
    Parent / Child
    Is there any other way to setup parent-child relationships in SV besides with the tracks directly below a given video clip?

For example, just the opposite, the child can be above the parent, visually.

I'm trying to create a "Earth Zoom" effect, like this.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/earth_zoom/

I can get it to look the same as his, except I have to do it backwards, instead of shrinking the top visual layer to match the next picture I have to zoom up the second layer to match the first layer and this causes 2 issues, first you can only zoom a clip up so much before the numbers max out, and second even if you didn't have the # restriction you don't have enough detail on the wider pictures to do a good alignment.

So I've been able to get the effect to work with 3 pictures, but I am using 8 pictures, (from The Andrew Kramer Tutorial).

I think I might just need to get After Effects, but am trying my hardest to do it all within Sony Vegas.

thanks
    Jake

2. Collapse Details
    He's not shrinking the "top" layer. He's shrinking the layer beneath each time. That's why he sets the opacity to 50% each time, else you wouldn't be able see the layer you're working with.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

3. Collapse Details
    So I take that as a no regarding the parent child relationships.

4. Collapse Details
    Well, no; parent tracks always go above child tracks.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY