Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    A very special request - PLEASE READ
    A dvxuser is in need. This is a very special circumstance and I sincerely hope that anyone in a position to respond to this call will do so.

I have copied this members post below from the jobs section. Please respond directly to coddida, and make sure you let us know in here that you're helping out - you deserve to be known and get recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by coddida View Post
    Camera Op Needed For My Daughter's Funeral, Gaithersburg, MD, Friday, 8/20, 7:30pm

I am looking for one or preferably two camera operators for this Friday night to film portions of a funeral service for my four-year-old daughter, Carmen, who passed away this past weekend. You can read more about the funeral details here: http://www.beautifulcanvas.org/2010/08/home-4/.

The shoot will be fairly basic. There will be two different speakers in one fixed position (behind a podium) as well as a couple of singers, one of whom will have a guitar and piano accompaniment. I'm not looking for anything fancy (although I do want it to look as professional as possible: focus, composition, etc.), just basic coverage of the two speakers and the singers so we can share it with friends and family who cannot make it to the service.

The service starts at 7:30pm and I would want you to be at the church by 6:30-6:45 to review the service details and setup the cameras, etc. The service itself should only last about 45 minutes. You would have no responsibilities afterward unless using your own camera and I would simply want the raw footage.

As funerals are already quite expensive, I would really prefer a volunteer (ideally, two volunteers to get slightly better coverage) and would be glad to return the favor and help on a shoot or project of yours.

If you are interested or would like more information, please email me as soon as possible: dave@beautifulcanvas.org. You can also PM me here but email would be better. When you email, please let me know if you have a camera, etc. or if you would need one.

I really appreciate your consideration.

Dave

EDIT: Sorry, that was a link to the wrong page. The funeral service details are here: http://www.beautifulcanvas.org/2010/...neral-service/
    Heres his thread also just in case.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...55#post2079955
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

2. Collapse Details
    I'll contact a friend of mine who does weaps in DC. Maybe he knows someone.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks Doc. Keep em coming folks.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    I'd be willing to put money in to hire somebody local in case we don't find a volunteer in time.
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks everyone. You guys are very kind and I really appreciate the support of this community.

I have a couple of leads, one here in MD and another in NYC. But no commitments quite yet. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for your support. It's truly humbling.

Dave

6. Collapse Details
    All about the Caption Terry_Lasater's Avatar
    My condolences. God bless you and your family.
    Practice safe filmmaking; use a concept.

7. Collapse Details
    So sorry. Like Drew, I'm not in the area but I would be happy to help in any way possible.

My sincerest condolences.

Mike

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

8. Collapse Details
    Coddida, the word is out there in the DC area. My friend sent an email out to all his theater/film friends.

My heart goes out to you. A loss in the family is a very painful thing, infinitely moreso when it is a child. Please allow yourself to grieve, together with your family.

My prayers are with you.

9. Collapse Details
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences.

I've emailed the few people I know in that area to see if they can help.

God Bless,
    -Zaza

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks everyone. One person has committed to be there tomorrow night. Thank you! I'll share the details with you if this person confirms that it's OK.

We'd love one more person but we'll be fine with just one. Thanks again so much for your support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast