Thread: Being Cinematic

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Collapse Details
    Probably learnt more through these "Cliff Notes" than I did watching a number "Cinematography videos". Hope you still manage to find the time to finish the Movement and Color sections.

Thanks once again for this.

2. Collapse Details
    Me too! I just finished revamping my small posting/color studio and am getting geared up to get back into video heavily, so hopefully I'll have more time to work on this. But honestly, there is SO MUCH information out there now it almost seems silly to continue with this little thread.
    Don't be a BillyBob...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by PerroneFord View Post
    Me too! I just finished revamping my small posting/color studio and am getting geared up to get back into video heavily, so hopefully I'll have more time to work on this. But honestly, there is SO MUCH information out there now it almost seems silly to continue with this little thread.
    But not much of it is presented in such a clear precise way. Almost like a cheat sheet.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    PerroneFord,

I live in northern Texas where there is not much professional work on the level done say in LA, New York, or Atlanta, etc. this forum topic and others I've found here are better than most of the various books, YouTube videos, articles, blogs, and commentaries I have digested over the past several years.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 35MMdirector View Post
    PerroneFord,

I live in northern Texas where there is not much professional work on the level done say in LA, New York, or Atlanta, etc. this forum topic and others I've found here are better than most of the various books, YouTube videos, articles, blogs, and commentaries I have digested over the past several years.
    I totally agree, the internet is a big and wonderful place however good articles are filmmaking are hard to find. Very informative thread and easy to digest.

6. Collapse Details
    This is an amazing contribution. I think people have varying definitions on what 'cinematic' means, but I think the OP pretty much nailed it. I particularly liked what you said about DOF and how shallow DOF is only used sparingly and for very specific purposes other than to look 'artistic'. Great job and I learnt a lot from it.
    Last edited by theprestige; 07-24-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314