Thread: Antihero

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Some really nice camera work at the beginning. The knife sharpening/opening bit went on a bit long as it didn't lead to any pay off. Now, if the guy used the knife on the girl, then maybe the long open would be justified. The flirting between the dining couple was nice and playful. I would have rather seen the killer's process of choosing his victims rather than have the cop explain it.

I hope you continue to use these fests as an experimental playground. I look forward to seeing more work from you in the future.

2. Collapse Details
    So after discovering how I could finally watch it (the patient 10-15min wait) I totally forgot to comment!

I've got to say their dinner looked very light and not at all appetizing. Was human on the menu?

I liked the opening though and wasn't sure where it was heading and then the killer bursts in and starts wreaking havoc. It becomes this very horror/thriller cat & mouse chase that works quite well but in the end I came out disappointed.

When you just have the cops explaining everything, I just lost interest when the entire plot was being explained to me through exposition with no subtlety. I would have rather seen you do this with visuals. Kudos.

3. Collapse Details
    My how to make the finals advice. For you Ryan I think its tension and style. There was a great opportunity to set up the vigilante story and his impeding killing of them. The tense moment was over all too fast and then we see the cops at the end delivering back story. Its a tricky thing, but get as much backstory out in your action as you can. Small bits of information dropped along the way the viewer can gather up is far more rewarding to watch. This storyline was unique in the fest but as written seems to concentrate on making sure people know whats going on - thats important too, but theres a better way. Hope to see you in the next fest.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the comments - we did have two scenes missing - the first being the end of the chase scene in the basement and the second being the killer selecting his next victim. Unfortunately due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts and a few production problems we were unable to shoot them - other than that I agree that all the exposition at the end wasn't ideal, but in a tight deadline its harder for the writers to put together a tight script with a coherent story than you think.

Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234