Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the review Lawrie, I'm glad you enjoyed our flick. Great reading all of your reviews - always honest and insightful.

2. Collapse Details
    Hey Lawrie. Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out and review it.

From my viewpoint, there were a lot of very serious aspects of this project. Though it wasn't my most complex film to date, it was the hardest to make. It was my first film narrative in about a year so I was really trying to get my stride back. It was my first time directing a crew of any real size. Before, I always did most of the crew stuff myself so I wanted to keep the project simple and kind of light. I was fortunate enough to be able to work with a great group of people who constantly impressed me with their work and dedication. There were a lot of roadblocks and stumbling stones during this production so in a lot of ways, believe it or not everybody was working pretty hard on it.

That being said, if it comes across as being fluff from a story standpoint, that's ok. That's something that is beholden to what I wrote. It barely has any dialogue and it is more of an homage. My intial reaction to West Fest was to not enter but something compelled me to get out there and make a film anyway. That's why I love these fests. I got to work with some great people, we had a lot of fun making it, and I started making films again. I wouldn't call this my magnum opus. Many things about it are very tongue-in-cheek but I would never want to downplay all the work that went into getting this one made by everyone involved.

Ok, speech finished. Thanks again Lawrie! Bring back the video reviews!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for picking up where I was slacking, Lawrie! I'm bummed that I haven't been able to get more of my usual reviews out to participants.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

4. Collapse Details
    Joystick Member Richard J. Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawsuit_Boy View Post
    Thanks for picking up where I was slacking, Lawrie! I'm bummed that I haven't been able to get more of my usual reviews out to participants.

Last edited by Richard J. Johnson; 07-30-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.

"Torn" Available now!
    http://www.rsquaredfilms.com/films/torn.html

Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561

"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
    http://www.maverickentertainment.cc/...azorblade-city

5. Collapse Details
    Cheers for the review, Legend of the Stationery Officer is actually from New Zealand and not our larger neighbor.

6. Collapse Details
    Argh sorry RyanMc and im aware that making that mistake is a gross insult! Hehe Australia WISHES it was their movie ;)

Lawsuit_Boy, cheers well i basically watched the films then typed all my feedback in a single (its basically a stream of conscience really!)

Hey Brian thanks for adding further info about your production! As regards to your film, it didn't look as expensive as your suggesting with time/effort/people however as we both know, films of any type are really a challenge to make. So gosh where was the effort regarding the challenges you faced - point being was the effort really appreciable on screen? (Where that effort arguably counts most!) I've often gone through insane logistics with a short film for somewhat limited benefit once viewed on screen.

Im delighted to hear your producing narrative fiction especially if you've had reason to take a break before etc!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

7. Collapse Details
    Just working on getting better at making movies. Gosh, I hope that the effort translates better next time. Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Zaza - likewise i always look forward to your movies. In fact me and Sarah we watched them together, and it was like - yey there's a zaza entry! No fest would be complete without you, in fact your the Russ Meyer of DVX!
    Russ Meyer.... I wish! How did I miss this comment? You & Sarah just made my day.

I'm still trying to create something that even comes close to some of his films. The titles
    alone rule:
    "Faster, Pussycat. Kill! Kill!"
    "Vixen"

...or everyone's favorite.... "Wild Gals of the Naked West"!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123