Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Was this done in camera or on a green screen?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9dX...feature=avmsc2

Im pretty sure up to 2:25 this is a one take shot but im trying to figure out if the footage afterwards is done in camera or on a greenscreen. I was thinking greenscreen because I didnt think they would have the rapper that close to those explosions plus i know it would be hard from them to go off and he not flinch or something lol.

2. Collapse Details
    Sorry but I can't view the video. It say's it's blocked in my country due to copywrite reasons.

However based on your description I think it's very unlikely they would put their talent anywhere near a live explosion. On the rare occasions when greenscreens/compositing is not used for explosions in a film, a stunt double will be used.

3. Collapse Details
    I don't like a lot of modern hip-hop, but that's a cool video! I don't see anything that looks composited though. It's all just great choreography. The fire looks real enough, and I don't know why they wouldn't be, but it's possible fumeFX was used in 3dsMax as it's increasingly common just for cost reasons.

4. Collapse Details
    It also could have been just good pyrotechnic work. If I knew I was safe from flames I wouldn't be too worried either. Especially if someone was filming me trying to look like a bad ass.

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, more than likely it's just good pyrotechnics. The only reasons it wouldn't be are cost/logistics. First you'd have to find a town that would let you start fires wide open like that, then hire a pyro crew, and hire a fire truck for the day(s), and don't forget insurance. It could get expensive for a minimal effect. These things look spot on done in a computer now for a fraction of the cost.

6. Collapse Details
    Well judging from the rest of the video, there wasn't much money put into to production or casting. It looks like he just took people from the local area and threw them into the video.

7. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure how exactly they did it. There is a bit around 2:40 where it does start to look a bit greenscreened to me, but then the ending doesn't look greenscreen...so I really have no clue.

Regardless of how they made it, that's one of the best rap videos i've seen in a while. Fantastic job to whoever made it.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jghenderson View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly they did it. There is a bit around 2:40 where it does start to look a bit greenscreened to me, but then the ending doesn't look greenscreen...so I really have no clue.
    Was there anything particular that caught your attention to indicate that it might be greenscreen at 2:40?
    Emre Tufekci S.O.A.http://www.productionpit.com

9. Collapse Details
    There wouldn't need to be a green screen. Just motion track the shot and add the pyro.

10. Collapse Details
    that was sick whether cgi or real

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast