Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Unable to use hack FAQ
    Bronze Member
    Lightbulb
    Topic deprecated - actual hack discussions are now located at www.personal-view.com
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 06-07-2011 at 07:22 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Hi, Vitaliy. It looks like this is what has happened to me. I just want to say on behalf of all of us what a great job you've done and how grateful we all are that you have applied your expertise to something so technical and I truly hope that something happens with the summit with Panasonic.

3. Collapse Details
    I am going to contact the retailer I purchased the camera from and point out that my gh1 has a version of software installed (1.34) which is not available from the panasonic website. I will then update this post with their response.

4. Collapse Details
    One Question; I have an old GH1 that is no hacked yet (1.1). Is there any possibility that Panasonic modified the 1.32 (not the 1.34) version firmware that I should be downloading from their site for the hack? If so do we have the original one saved to somewhere else?

If this is a dumb quo no prob for erasing. Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulocan View Post
    One Question; I have an old GH1 that is no hacked yet (1.1). Is there any possibility that Panasonic modified the 1.32 (not the 1.34) version firmware that I should be downloading from their site for the hack? If so do we have the original one saved to somewhere else?
    Ptool checks the firmware file when you open it. If v.1.32 was modified you will very likely get an error.

6. Collapse Details
    Hi - I purchased a GH1 for my company (based in Eastern England) on the 30th June.
    I've checked it and it has the 1.34 firmware - I have to say I've disappointed that I won't be able to ramp up the bit rate etc, but having said that - I've just shot a project using it in 720p mode - with Nikon AI lenses, and our client is over the moon.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 07-26-2010 at 08:33 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    This is disappointing news indeed. I was just considering purchasing a GH1 (have a GF1 that's half a year old though which will be fine), but now with this news I will not buy a GH1(unless used and firmware 1.32 and under) and nor will I purchase a GH2 as I do not like to support companies that are anti-hack.

I suggest anyone who has bought a gh1 recently with the newest firmware and is not happy they cannot load the hack to consider returning it. Returns are the best way to "vote" with one's dollar.

8. Collapse Details
    When I'm looking at the serial number ,what should I search for? I see no date related numbers

9. Collapse Details
    Burnin' down the House HDkilledFILM.'s Avatar
    This is the reason new gh1's are being found online for 950 usd... Bummer, I was thinking about buying a second cam.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.-William Butler Yeats

Check out my horror double feature HERE!!!

10. Collapse Details
    Hi, what are the chances of gh1s with firmware 1.34 being hackable if panasonic does not release another firmware?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast