Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks "The Wife" ... I tried all three methods and heard sound (at the appropriate times) in all instances and was having a devil of a time trying to determine the issue.

And thanks to everyone for your patience with this system. It will continue to grow and improve with each fest, hopefully by a considerable amount before the next fest

2. Collapse Details
    Well after going through them I was able to stream 10. However I noticed that when I downloaded one just now it was a .mov. I used to work for a streaming media company and we had issues with mov files and were not able to get them to play properly in a flash player. From my understanding the jwplayer is a flash player. We did a lot of code workaround with our players and most of the time we had to just give clients direct links to the content for their users. A mov file is a progressive download format. I recall many times our acquisition server would hang up causing all of the distribution servers to hang. We would have to go in and repair the acquisition server and time and time it always seemed to be a mov file and flash content that would hang them up. I think what you will have to do is get a media conversion solution to encode all the media into the flash format so it will stream properly with your player. Oh the life of streaming. There are so many variables involved with different browsers and OS types. We liked windows streaming servers because they worked the best but all the clients were Flash crazy and then the craziness started.

3. Collapse Details
    Yep, you are correct. The files that don't stream properly are the one's with a .mov extension. There are a couple different solutions, but they all entail re-encoding the video into a format that better works with the streaming servers/players. We are moving in that direction, but as you well know, it takes some time.

Thanks for the info, good to know I'm on the right track in my investigation of this process.

4. Collapse Details
    the link to view the films doesnt seem to work :/

5. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JitCam View Post
    the link to view the films doesnt seem to work :/
    Yup. It seems to be down. The awards are tonight but I thought it was still supposed to be up and running today?

Maybe not.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

6. Collapse Details
    The site itself is having some technical issues. I locked the rating, but didn't bring the server down (at least I didn't mean to)

I'm working to get it back up as that's where I will host the web stream of the big event tonight.

7. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Cool. Thanks, Larry.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

8. Collapse Details
    Will there be a download file of the event streaming later on in case the streaming doesn't go well for us overseas?

9. Collapse Details
    Our overseas viewers have been able to watch fine in previous years, but yes we will be recording the stream as well

10. Collapse Details
    great & great

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345