Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Chris - Thanks. It's pretty cool how we've managed to stretch the genre of Western pretty far this fest and still keep it within the confines of the theme. LOL. I'm really glad that people are bothered by the clothes. Glad you enjoyed it.

Michael - I struggled with using the cut away shot for a while. I wanted to create as much suspense as possible without seeming melodramatic. Glad you liked it man. Thanks for checking it out Michael.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice twist on the end, I guess she warned us with her line...this was the kind of experience she wanted...seemed odd at the time, but then made sense with the end, good writing.
    Liked the cutaway shot, leaving it momentarily to our imagination. Made me think of the old movie "Westworld" at the end, which is a good thing!
    the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

3. Collapse Details
    conlanforever - A compliment on the writing is a big thing coming from you. Thanks! Never seen Westworld. Have to check it out. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Collapse Details
    I love the opening shot, the location, great set-up. What always bugs me in movies is that the people who are running around outside sometimes look so made-up and clean. Some dirt, some tattered clothes, something to make them look sweaty, grungy, I think would help put me in the spot. As well, the sci-fi angle to it didn't work for me, I wish you spent more time exploring the characters, because the bounty hunter aspect was interesting enough to me. The sci-fi part, there is a bit of a set-up for it earlier, but it would've been nicer to see the woman have to struggle back into town.

A very enjoyable watch, liked what you did, it felt quite polished, and it was fun seeing this short. Great work, a solid piece.

5. Collapse Details
    xxrotinivol2 - Glad you had fun with the film. The earlier drafts were about Mexican revolutionaries and had more character development but I felt that they lacked any real purpose as characters. The concept of her trying to get back to town is in fact, an interesting one. Thanks for checking it out and giving me feedback!

6. Collapse Details
    liked this one a lot. you really held on to the conventions of the classic western and then spun it with the twist at the. the conventions were part of the story, so i thought that was a great way to shoot a conventional western, while also making it interesting at the end.

nice work.

7. Collapse Details
    meant to say "at the end."

d'oh!

8. Collapse Details
    soffcore - Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345