Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    I think, having watched over half so far that this was my favorite. I really nice little fable. Beautiful story and setting.

As for the nudity - it didn't bother me that you didn't show more - but it would have been better if you had. Not for the sex factor, but because it was a really important part of the character's journey. A wide of her walking away would have been perfect and totally appropriate.

But overall - one of the best.

2. Collapse Details
    I like the mysticism aspect, the shots and location worked, although I think doing the story in the desert would have brought the story some more immediacy. Your actress was great and she was willing to take a risk (albeit not captured on camera). A nit pick: there were sunset shots mixed with shots filmed what appeared to be at noon, in nonsequential order. The light change distracted me, but overall enjoyed.

3. Collapse Details
    This is one of my favorites. Don't be persuaded into thinking you should have shown more. Stick to your guns because the purpose wasn't showing nudity but expressing the idea. I like it's idea and how it was done and I don't think the full nudity would have been necessary. The actress did very well. If there was one thing I would have done differently I would maybe have the fountain on an old wood table instead of a nailed together piece of wood that blows in the wind. It did show that there was no way to get water from the ground but visually it might have looked better with some sort of table or crate. But that is just minor. I really like it.

4. Collapse Details
    Thank you everyone who watched the film!

My girlfriend and I took a day trip to Eastern Oregon and shot this a few days before the deadline. I took breaks from editing Blood Price to edit Brunnen, and even told Becky at one point "Sorry dear, but I don't think I'm going to finish this in time."

Both Becky and I are proud of this film because we had struggled to worked together before and had failed. Sometimes it can be really difficult to work "professionally" with your significant other. But this was a small triumph for us because it showed that we could get along and work together.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'd love to cut this film to half the running time and do some Foley/SFX and get it scored.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Brooks View Post
    I'd love to cut this film to half the running time and do some Foley/SFX and get it scored.
    I would love to see that - keep us posted if that happens. This was one of my favs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345