Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi, phill. thanks for updating.
    if possible, could you add some other renaming method?
    for example, "20100731_164322_00001.m2ts".
    I have a little difficulty because I lose where to restart importing of numerous files when the program stoped to error.
    so, serial numbers are needed.

#sorry for my bad English, do you understand...?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by churasan View Post
    Hi, phill. thanks for updating.
    if possible, could you add some other renaming method?
    for example, "20100731_164322_00001.m2ts".
    I have a little difficulty because I lose where to restart importing of numerous files when the program stoped to error.
    so, serial numbers are needed.

#sorry for my bad English, do you understand...?
    Are you wanting this because you have to restart the import after a problem? If so, what problems are you having? Also, a couple of other options: 1) delete the target data and re-import, 2) the importer will never overwrite a file, so if you re-import the same data it will create new names such as 20100731_164322(001), etc.

I'm reluctant to make this change because I either make it a user-specified mask or give the user some pre-selected options. If I go with the latter, there will always be another pre-select that someone wants. If I go with the first option there might be problems because the complexity of specifying a mask.

How many people would want this level of flexibility?

3. Collapse Details
    great little utility!
    The update is super! Great little utility, anyone have a better way to import? Beats dragging and dropping. Future proof with clipinfo .cpi files saved. If we can only read these files...

Sometimes I forget or don't want to clear the card after import.
    Hence requests for next version: delete after import, skip duplicate file import (instead of rename with(1))

Fantastic how hacking/do-it-yourself spirit is contagious producing this little gem. Thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    Ok, how about this... at the end of importing I display a dialog which shows the number of pictures/video files imported. How about if I add a "Delete Source" button on this dialog which would then delete all the files in the source folder?

Regarding the duplicate file names, I originally included this in case there were two files that resolved to the same name, i.e., same creation date/time. I now think this is very unlikely. I propose to add a new dialog when a duplicate file is encountered which asks if you want to overwrite, ignore or append (nnn) and gives you a "do this for all files" option. How does that sound?

5. Collapse Details
    quick gh1 import tool
    Sounds perfect.

Not sure why there aren't more hits for this thread. Your utility is truly handy. Maybe need to rename the thread to "quick gh1(3) import tool". Cause I suspect few people actually use photofunstudio, but would in fact use this tool.

6. Collapse Details
    Thought of 1 more feature: choose destination folder for photos and videos separately. Allows maximum flexibility for wherever people already store their stuff.

If you haven't yet, check out the utility on the first post of this thread. Quick and dirty import tool.

7. Collapse Details
    Version 1.0.7 published with these changes:
    • A new dialog is displayed when a duplicate output file is encountered. The user is given the choice to Replace, Rename (current behavior), Skip or cancel. There is also a checkbox to "do the same action" for all subsequent conflicts. This should solve the problem mentioned when you have to rerun an import.
    • When the import is complete, the dialog gives you an option to erase the card (source folder). Note that this does not format the card, but only delete all the folders. I highly suggest that you format the card frequently to keep the fragmentation down.
    Concerning the request to specify unique targets for pictures and video, I already support specifying unique sub-folder names for these two types. I'm reluctant to make it competely separate paths because then you would have to specify both paths each time. My goal was to make it quick and simple to pull the files from the card. Too many options that must be specified each time doesn't make it very simple.

I also renamed the thread as you suggested. Maybe this will bring more interest.

Thanks for your support and feedback.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for this very useful utility. Two quick questions--

1.) Why were there 4 files imported for each video when using PhotoFunStudio? Are these files useful for any purpose, or is the mts file the only necessary file for editing or burning to an AVCHD disc.

2.) I often used the photofunstudio avchd burning utility, b/c it allowed me to have an AVCHD dvd I could play in my bluray player or PS3 without doing any rendering or post processing. The disc essentially contained the raw video with a basic DVD style menu to access the video. Any suggestions on another program to use for creating AVCHD discs? I have seen the folder structure of such a DVD, and it looks to me like a bluray structure, so it is not as simple as burning the mts or mt2s files to a DVD.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure what the extra files PHOTOFunStudio created, but they are definitely not required to process the M2TS files.

I just tested tsMuxeR (http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html) and it can create AVCHD disks from one or more M2TS files. It's a simply concatenation, but I believe that's all PHOTOFunStudio did as well. It doesn't, however, create any menus.

At some point you're going to want to get a better editor, for that you should check some of the other forums on this site. There are lots of recommendations there.

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you, I'll give that a try. You are right--Photofunstudio doesn't do very much--it just has a basic AVCHD disc authoring tool.

I have Vegas Pro for editing, but a lot of times I don't want to fuss with editing, and I just want to watch the raw video I just captured on my HD plasma TV to see how it came out. It looks way better on there than on my PC. Easiest way for me to do that is burn an AVCHD disc and put it in my blu ray player.

Here are the file extensions of the 4 files that were copied onto my PC by photofunstudio for each AVCHD video: (*.cont, *.iis, *.tmb, and *.m2ts) I do not have any idea what the first 3 are for and why they would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Seastrand View Post
    I'm not sure what the extra files PHOTOFunStudio created, but they are definitely not required to process the M2TS files.

I just tested tsMuxeR (http://www.smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html) and it can create AVCHD disks from one or more M2TS files. It's a simply concatenation, but I believe that's all PHOTOFunStudio did as well. It doesn't, however, create any menus.

At some point you're going to want to get a better editor, for that you should check some of the other forums on this site. There are lots of recommendations there.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast