Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Seastrand View Post
    Did it give any message about the one .MTS file is didn't extract? I forgot about raw files, I'll modify the application to copy them as well. Stay tuned.
    only error message was from windows,"will you report this error to microsoft?", I think. sorry for not remembering details...
    BTW thanks for update. I'll try it.

in comparison to just drag and drop files with explorer, I think such tool like GH1importer or PHOTOFUNstudio is useful for that
    it renames the imported files from simple serial number like "00000.MTS" to date-time number like "20100717_133500.m2ts".
    and more, it devides the files into the folders according to the date automatically.
    these are very useful functions, I think.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    I suspect I'm missing the point here - I've always just done a drag and drop from the card to the PC, and never used software for that. What did Photofunstudio do that was useful in this context? Have I been missing something good all along (like maybe it turns my crap shots into good ones?? )
    Here's my reasons:
    1) Convenience -- With one click I can copy all the photos and movies from various folders into a single folder. If I use the "drag and drop" technique, I have to navigate down into the card folders each time.
    2) If I have multiple cards for the same shoot I'm going to have file name collisions. Also, 00000.MTS and 00001.MTS don't tell me much about the clips. At least I have the date/time the clip was shot in the filename.
    3) It was fun to write! PHOTOfunSTUDIO had a lot more features that I didn't need. Once the hack broke it, I wanted to create a tool that implemented the features I needed. I thought others would benefit from it as well.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by churasan View Post
    only error message was from windows,"will you report this error to microsoft?", I think. sorry for not remembering details...
    BTW thanks for update. I'll try it.
    The updated application should present a more useful message. If you get a message with the caption "Import Failed", post the contents of this message if you can.

4. Collapse Details
    Updated to version 1.0.5 which adds support for when the playlists and stream contents are not in sync. This can happen when the camera freezes or there is a write problem to the card. All the video files are copied, but the exact date/time cannot be set for the extra file(s). When this happens I use the file date/time instead of the playlist date/time.

This may be a cause for some of the reported failures during import of video files.

5. Collapse Details
    Works great! Thanks! Requests for next version: -Cancel button during import -Option to import .cpi files for video metadata -Option to delete after import (with are you sure prompt) -If you can figure out a way to put .mts files back on the card in a way the GH1 can play back in camera.

6. Collapse Details
    Thank you, this works great. I have problems with Win7 64bit importing and Fun studio, but your aplication resolved this.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by beaglesd View Post
    Works great! Thanks! Requests for next version: -Cancel button during import -Option to import .cpi files for video metadata -Option to delete after import (with are you sure prompt) -If you can figure out a way to put .mts files back on the card in a way the GH1 can play back in camera.
    These sound like reasonable features. I'm away from my development machine for the next week, so it'll be awhile before I can get to it. The only request that I don't know about it the last one -- putting the .mts files back on the card. This is a little outside the scope of what I'm trying to do.

8. Collapse Details
    .cpi files
    Does anyone know what's in the .cpi the files? I'm not using them now, but Daliv recommended saving them. Not sure which programs can read them. At least they're small and it's better than saving the whole AVCHD directory structure. Cheers.

9. Collapse Details
    in that file clip information such as all stream parameters (possible cameras inside that file store: resolution, FPS, AR, shutter speed, exposure, etc ...) many of which not persists in main stream, if not interested in that infos - you may surely omit that files and copy only *.mts ..., BUT currently can't suggest any program that natively reads that files.
    Last edited by DaLiV; 07-26-2010 at 12:26 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Published Version 1.0.6 with these changes:
    • Added Cancel button to abort the import in progress. The current file will finish coping before the cancel takes effect.
    • Improved the progress bar by updating the taskbar per Win7 styles.
    • Added option to copy Clipinfo (CPI) files along with the M2TS files.
    I elected to not add a delete option because I don't want to be responsible for deleting someone's files. Besides, I recommend re-formatting each time as this keeps the card from getting fragmented.

Putting files back onto the card is beyond the scope of the application.

Enjoy!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast