Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH1 Importer (was: PHOTOfunStudio Replacement)
    Since the supplied PHOTOfunSTUDIO doesn't seem to import GH1(3) videos I've created a simple replacement tool for Windows. I created this for myself, but thought others could take advantage of it so I'm going to share it here. I can only provide minimal support, but I will do what I can.

The interface is simple: you supply the path to the GH1 file system, and a path to the desired destination. Click import and the photos and videos will be copied. There are a couple of options:
    1) The source and destination are remembered from use to use so I've provided for an optional sub-folder specification. This supports a use pattern where you have a target C:\Pictures, for example, and you want to be able to specify a unique sub-folder name for each import.
    2) Photos and Videos can be separated into two distinct sub-folders. The names of these sub-folders are specified in the Options page.
    3) Further, a date sub-folder can be created from the source file dates.
    4) Optionally copy Clipinfo (CPI) files for all videos.

The tool renames the source video files to the date/time the video file was created and changes the extension from MTS to M2TS. I can easily support local languages if someone is willing to do the translations. If you want your language supported, let me know and I'll send you the strings to be translated. I didn't try to make this idiot proof, but it should handle to most common issues. If you have problems, send me detailed information and I'll do what I can to solve it.

To install it, download the attached GH1Importer.zip file and unzip the contents to a temporary folder. Run the setup.exe program in the root folder.

I hope you find this useful.

You can download the latest version from this link:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pj...it?usp=sharing

Change Log:

* Version 1.0.20 -- Added support for generalized photo rename.
    * Version 1.0.19 -- Added support to import MP4 files from the GH3.
    * Version 1.0.18 -- Added support to import audio from Zoom H1.
    * Version 1.0.17 -- Support with or without PRIVATE folder for additional cameras; if launched via the AutoPlay feature, source defaults to the root of the device causing the AutoPlay.
    * Version 1.0.16 -- Rewrote the playlist parsing code to more properly handle the data stored there.
    * Version 1.0.15 -- Added support for HMC-150 Panasonic camcorder.
    * Version 1.0.14 -- Chinese text (thanks to anonymous for the translations)
    * Version 1.0.13 -- Corrected playlist handling to support GH2 generated data and changed to last modified date for photos when creating sub-folders (thanks polarbeer).
    * Version 1.0.12 -- Added AutoPlay option and remembers previous paths.
    * Version 1.0.11 -- Added option to append file mode (FHD, L, etc.) to file name.
    * Version 1.0.9 -- Changed technique to support other languages.
    * Version 1.0.8 -- Fixed issue with non-Windows7 systems.
    * Version 1.0.7 -- New dialog when duplicate file is encountered, option to erase the card
    * Version 1.0.6 -- Added Cancel button, improved progress bar, added option to copy Clipinfo (CPI) files.
    * Version 1.0.5 -- Added support for mis-matched playlist and stream files.
    * Version 1.0.4 -- Supports RW2 (Raw) pictures and added detailed message if the application fails. Please post the contents of the "Import failed" dialog when reporting a problem if you see it.
    * Version 1.0.3 -- Now includes two check boxes to select videos and/or photos per user request.
    Last edited by Phil Seastrand; 09-01-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Updated version

2. Collapse Details
    Phil,

Many thanks for offering this tool to us.
    I hadn't seen the need...until PhotoFunStudio would only download 2 out of 5 or 6 video's on my card. I could access them by delving into the 'Stream' folder, but they obviously were then still '.mts' files with no date/time dated attached etc.
    So I thought your tool would be a better way to take my GH-13 AVCHD 25p files off the card.

In case there was a problem on these files, I decided to use some more that PhotoFunStudio had no problem with.
    However your GH-1 File Importer started OK but quit after awhile...telling me 'it had a problem and needed to close.'
    In fact it had downloaded 2 of the 3 files on that card OK, so I moved over to the CF card that I had problems with in PhotoFunStudio...and your program quit immediately without downloading any of them.
    So, as is often the case, 'beta testing' hits a glitch.
    David

3. Collapse Details
    I've sent you a PM requesting more information.

Has anyone else who has downloaded the tool run into any problems?

4. Collapse Details
    I installed your tool on windows 7 64bit, work perfectly, I just imported 72 files with it, no problems.

Thanks for this tool.
    Last edited by Rolly; 07-19-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    http://vimeo.com/rolandcadieux/

5. Collapse Details
    Phil, thanks for this nice tool.

I used it 2 times.
    first, I tried to import 122 .MTS files (SH) and 1 MOV file, and it ended to shut down with one .MTS file not to be extracted from SD card, rest of files were OK.
    second, 4 .MTS files imported successfully.

and I noticed this tool doesn't read .RW2 files.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by churasan View Post
    Phil, thanks for this nice tool.

I used it 2 times.
    first, I tried to import 122 .MTS files (SH) and 1 MOV file, and it ended to shut down with one .MTS file not to be extracted from SD card, rest of files were OK.
    second, 4 .MTS files imported successfully.

and I noticed this tool doesn't read .RW2 files.
    Did it give any message about the one .MTS file is didn't extract? I forgot about raw files, I'll modify the application to copy them as well. Stay tuned.

7. Collapse Details
    I've updated the base note with version 1.0.4 which supports raw photo files and adds some diagnostic messages when an error occurs.

8. Collapse Details
    I suspect I'm missing the point here - I've always just done a drag and drop from the card to the PC, and never used software for that. What did Photofunstudio do that was useful in this context? Have I been missing something good all along (like maybe it turns my crap shots into good ones?? )

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ozpeter View Post
    i suspect i'm missing the point here - i've always just done a drag and drop from the card to the pc, and never used software for that. What did photofunstudio do that was useful in this context? Have i been missing something good all along (like maybe it turns my crap shots into good ones?? )
    +1

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    I suspect I'm missing the point here - I've always just done a drag and drop from the card to the PC, and never used software for that. What did Photofunstudio do that was useful in this context? Have I been missing something good all along (like maybe it turns my crap shots into good ones?? )
    Me too, just drag and drop the stream folder. Cineform reads the files, so does Vegas and Tmpgenc..............???

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast