Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I am the one who leaked the CF version firmware files of E3 on the CHDK forum, if anyone who want the S******.BIN file to research, just tell me.

Good luck!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Is there any update, guys? I drooled on the table while reading this thread.

3. Collapse Details
    I have an EP-L1 and want to use it for a PAL TV-project at 25 frames per second. However, the camera records in 30 fps only. My hope is with the genius guys in this forum. I'm willing to donate a $250 bounty for the first hacker to come up with a modded firmware that can record 25 fps.

4. Collapse Details
    Bounty increase
    Sorry for the non-technical post, I'm willing to add $200 to the above bounty for an open firmware and hacking process allowing modifications, i.e. to frame rate

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Probability for FPS change is very-very low.
    As I don't see any progress here at all and you ask very hard to do thing (may be even impossible).

6. Collapse Details
    Maybe FPS changes is hard to impossible, but there are a few other things that may be possible, and very helpful, such as simple scripts and button changes. Once a process for modifying the firmware and basic things about how it works is established, other less talented people like me can get in and help with the programming.

If enough people pick it up and it happens, it happens. Meanwhile all I can do is express interest and offer cash and respect.
    Last edited by ornel; 09-04-2010 at 08:15 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Sorry to interrupt being new and all, but I want to thank you guys for finding a way to hack the firmware. I have (maybe) a simple question, but do any of you guys think you can somehow put the two E-P2 filters onto the E-P1 firmware? The PostProcess and Diorama filters? It seems like it could be an easy job but I can't really say because I have no clue how to even get the emulator started.

8. Collapse Details
    Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on this lately (nor will I in the foreseeable future).
    So, no progress from my side. Who knows, maybe someone will pick it up in the future...

Helgen: It is probably possible, but in no way easy... You can use those art filters if you shoot raw and use Olympus Viewer 2 to process to jpg (but yea real-time is part of the fun)...

9. Collapse Details
    my idea is to insert in E3 menu an option to enable multispot like OM4/om4 using ael/afl key
    the menu option is :
    menu configuration 1 / B button Dial / "AEL/AFL" / S-AF / mode 4
    in the new mode 4 the ael/afl button will be enabled to save not only last light measurement but also the mean of lasts 8 measurements.

i think is not a difficult hack.

10. Collapse Details
    is possible option to AF confirm with all manual lens wihout chip need?
    i think this the best change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast