Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rambooc1 View Post
    I believe this is the next step up on the MarekV Perfect Project above for those with Class 6 cards. ... Below is the ini file containing the settings above plus the stable ipowell 35mbps mjpeg with 422. (delete the .txt on the end)
    It failed on my camera after 2s recording on a TRIPOD: grass and a tree. It said that writing to the card was not fast enough. Pappas's codec test chart failed after less than 1s. The camera did not write any error, it just stopped recording. It's also true that grass and tree did not fail later on even though I was using tripod. However, note that pappas's chart failed each time (only when using the TRIPOD, not hand-held - even though I tried to be as "stable" as possible).
    I hope that other testers are using tripods when testing pappas's chart, since in my case it is crucial. Note that I am using printed papas's chart (on A3 format) instead of shooting monitor screen, since printed version has much higher resolution.

Frame rates: 1/50 and 1/60s (shutter speed priority), 14-140mm lens, PAL, SMOOTH, contrast=-1, Sharpness=-1, Saturation=0, NR=0. Transcend 16GB Class 10 card.
    When deleting this message and adding comments to Ramboc's post, please, mention TRIPOD and printed pappas's chart.
    Last edited by crunchy; 07-14-2010 at 11:32 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Bump since the new Ptool adds manual video functionality to the GF1. I updated my profiles on the first page to include the new features.

3. Collapse Details
    Manual Mode??
    These setting only hold true if you are using Manual Exposure ONLY. Correct?
    (At least that's been my experience). Patriot Class 10 SDHC...

Quote Originally Posted by lpowell View Post
    Here is a quick reference to patches I've developed for use on Class 6 SD cards and higher for both GH1 and GF1 cameras. These patches have been publicly posted after thorough testing on the following SD cards:
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 08-17-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Long quote

4. Collapse Details
    Stable and high Quality Settings for Sandisc10:
    Hello, i tested several days different settings for the maximum with sandisc class 10 cards and i ended with these settings

Native 24 = OFF
    Video Bitrate FHD/SH=60000000
    Video Bitrate H=50000000
    Video Bitrate L=40000000
    Overall Bitrate=6200000

Or

Native 24 = ON
    Video Bitrate FHD/SH=40000000
    Video Bitrate H=30000000
    Video Bitrate L=20000000
    Overall Bitrate=4200000

The differences between these two hacks are seen in the colors mostly. the native 24 ON setup has darker areas and the video looks deeper. Native 24 off but 60000000 seems to be brighter. Maybe a little more details. Anybody who wants to check both out. let me know what you like more.

Both are almost stable with class10. Higher bitrates causes errors.

gunti

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jcintron View Post
    These setting only hold true if you are using Manual Exposure ONLY. Correct?
    (At least that's been my experience). Patriot Class 10 SDHC...
    The Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch is designed to record without error regardless of camera mode or exposure settings.

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p...80&postcount=5
    Last edited by Lpowell; 09-08-2010 at 07:53 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Hi All,
    After few months of tryings(sss) I went with the B settings and Native 25p checked.
    Sandisk Extreme Class 10
    Here a test :
    http://vimeo.com/15000177

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post

UPDATE : Accoring to the new ptool released, the limited bitrate had been deleted and add preset bitrate 1 and 2 and overbitrate 2.
    OK, I am not sure if I understand this variance in PTool v 3.40.... So all the settings loaded here from the previous versions of PTools, loaded into PTools v3.40 are missing the setting for "Limited Bitrate" value. Does it belong somewhere else or is it no longer needed?

Many thanks. New to Ptool and just getting started with a Dec.09 JP NTSC GH1 in PAL land

8. Collapse Details
    1. I'm not a techie but I have tried these settings as well the other two perfect settings. I am constantly getting a message " Motion recording was cancelled due to the limitation of the speed of the card" irrespective of the density of the scene recorded. I do get the scene for a few seconds before this message appears on the LCD. There is no crash or camera shutting: simply it goes back to the recording mode.
    2. Could someone please explain what the "limiting bitrate" is and where to put its value in the firmware loaded PTool. Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    By the way, I am using Panasonic Class 10 8GB and extream class 6 SDHS cards

10. Collapse Details
    problems with full HD
    Hi

I have 2 problems motionjpg not working proper (poor quality) which is not a big deal.

but when I try to film in AVCHD Full HD, my camera screen flickers or goes black above 200 iso. Also when played back on computer you can see the quality in Full HD is not as good as one step below.
    Can anyone suggest what I did wrong in the ptool settings? Used the newest version.

But alone taking the iso under control is a win win situation, without the iso my film quality was worst then my canon pocket camera. Shame on Panasonic blocking it.

Adrian

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast