Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    before I start the whole download, install the patch bussiness .. I just want to make sure if the "Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch" is the settings I'm after :
    Can record and use the 24p native,, no need to de interlace, pulldown removal ??
    does it work in 1080 and other different capture modes?
    shoudn't be any issues with these settings and a Patriot class 10 right?

looks like the "In Camera Playback Patch" only records in 720 .... Im really confused now
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...80#post2039780

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    To me, this setting (average bitrate can higher than 40mb) seems stable for carrying daily shooting and playback-able on camera. It suitable for both PAL and NTSC for matching latest ptool with system interchangable. the file named "50FHD-36H-27L-54OB-45OB2-540PB2.zip".
    Thank you for posting.

I'm using your 50FHD-36H-27L-54OB-45OB2-540PB2 settings and I find that Final Cut Pro (log and transfer, Apple ProRes, either remove pull down checked/unchecked) is interpreting the footage as interlaced... And VLC player shows a rate of 50 fps (which confirms the interlaced fields).

Do you get the same results?

Thank you!
    Last edited by guate; 03-15-2011 at 12:56 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    I bought mine second hand, serial WEOA(...), and firmware version on camera reads 1.D. Does this mean the firmwares I'm applying are not effective?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rigs View Post
    Thats it.
    Check your firmware version in the menu setup page 4 on the camera and it should read Ver.0.0
    I just checked it should say Ver 0.0 as long as you ticked "Prevent version compare". I guess that is useful to update firmware even with smaller version numbers...

5. Collapse Details
    Hi to everyone,
    I'm not sure if I didn't read carefully, so:
    Is it possible to change the frame rate from 30 to 25 (60 to 50) of GF1 video mode with the firmware hack?
    I mean the camera shoots video at 30fps NTSC, so can it be changed to 25fps (PAL) with the hack?
    Thank you!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by producer View Post
    Is it possible to change the frame rate from 30 to 25 (60 to 50) of GF1 video mode with the firmware hack?
    I mean the camera shoots video at 30fps NTSC, so can it be changed to 25fps (PAL) with the hack?
    Thank you!
    Yes, once you tick the NTSC>PAL or PAL>NTSC option in Ptool. After that, to choose either of those recording systems, just select the one you want in the "Video output" menu. That is the actual menu to select recording system. Note that you won't be able to record PAL and NTSC footage on the same card.

7. Collapse Details
    Shooting a feature
    Hey, I'm new to this, just ordered my GH1. I'm about to shoot a feature film with it in a couple of weeks and wanted to check in and see if there's any patch recommendations? Of course I need 1080/24, would like it to be stable but want a really nice image. I guess that's the dream, right? What would you guys suggest?

Lot of night-time shooting as well as bright sunshiny days.

8. Collapse Details
    fyi... mjpeg holds up better in lowlight situation

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Candybarfilms View Post
    fyi... mjpeg holds up better in lowlight situation
    Hasn't been Andrew Reid's experience: New high bit-rates improve the GH1's low light performance

10. Collapse Details
    Love the thread. I've been using cbrandin's 44M spanning patch forever with a few minor modifications (iso limit removed, audio bumped to 320kb). Can anyone recommend an updated patch to use with the GH2, with class 6+ cards? I don't need crazy 100M+ settings, just reasonable 32M+ patch that will do great under 1080/24p/25p, and OCCASIONALLY 720/60p/50p.

Can someone tell me why we still have 'interlacing' on a modern camera? A holdover from old cathode ray tech, and people are still using it in a digital workflow? Baffles me! And to think folks are debating 2k vs 4k vs 3d, next format, so forth... If they allow someone to encode 4k INTERLACED I will have a heart attack.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456