Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    PTool settings sharing thread
    Bronze Member
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 06-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    my settings for daily usage -

AVCHD 25P
    native PAL system
    fine with class 4 and class 10

write error free in past three weeks use and testing even in high detail scene with tsinami pan(i shoot everyday). andnever fail in daily normal operation.

50-44-32-56-60-p.zip

note :
    1. This setting is recommended to PAL user only, as i swtiched to NTSC with the same settings, i got write error randomly.
    2. This setting is stable enough for daily normal shooting but
    not pass shooting over the Pappas's chart with native 24/25p clicked.
    3. it passed a live event recording over 35mins on tripod. and successful split file over 4Gb.

My trip was over and i am satisfied with this setting, in real world shooting this setting "50-44-32-56-60-p.zip" never fail me and GH13. (ratio between FHD and SH mode shooting are around 1 : 10, because i like slow motion.).

UPDATE : Accoring to the new ptool released, the limited bitrate had been deleted and add preset bitrate 1 and 2 and overbitrate 2. A new setting i am using now after a series of setting tests which want to share with you all.

To me, this setting (average bitrate can higher than 40mb) seems stable for carrying daily shooting and playback-able on camera. It suitable for both PAL and NTSC for matching latest ptool with system interchangable. the file named "50FHD-36H-27L-54OB-45OB2-540PB2.zip".

as native clicked, dont think it will pass pappas chart shooting because it must be some encoder defect or some area ptool not explore yet.

The file included LPOWELL's "
    35Mbps MJPEG In-Camera Playback patch". for detail, please visit LPOWELL's thread below and all credits to LPOWELL.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zhaoyun; 08-03-2010 at 01:08 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Best firmware settings ..
    Exclamation
    MJPEG:
    Modulr´s settings - Maximum stable quality!
    - no in-camera playback!
    - Best for epic, high detailed scenes! Amazing quality!
    - no 4:2:2

AVCHD:
    - Combination of b) settings (Stabe for FHD (at 32mbit) also for 720p SH mode!) + H and L settings (22mbit/18mbit) by jobless.
    - AVCHD playback in-camera
    - Best for normal situation shooting...

OTHERS:
    - 30 min. limit removal

SanDisk ExtremeŽ SDHC™ 30MB/s needed!!!

-------------------------------------------------
    DOWNLOAD:
    Setup FW.zip

Also, take a look on this:
    THE 'PERFECT' PROJECT
    Last edited by MarekV; 07-06-2010 at 01:47 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Update 07-20-10:
    I have enabled the new manual video mode features for both of my firmware files.

I have updated my GF1 settings files to include the highest AVC-HD bit rates that I could achieve. I now get a max of 40+ mb/sec 720p @ 30 FPS AVC-HD video with the settings below and the star chart.

Video Bitrate FHD/SH=50000000
    Video Bitrate H=50000000
    Video Bitrate L=32000000
    Overall Bitrate=56000000
    Limiting Bitrate=60000000
    720p @ 60 FPS GOP = 6

All of the settings below are tested with the GF1. They should all work with a GH1 but I don't have one so I cannot verify that.

I have given up on 1080p MJPEG. I think the thread below shows that 1080p MJPEG is in fact scaled to 720p before it is scaled back to 1080p.
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35735436

Credit for the 100% quality settings below goes to modulr. 100+ mb/sec completely stable GF1 720p MJPEG footage with 4:2:2 color. However, in camera playback is not available.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...23&postcount=1

Q1=400, T1 = 4
    Q2=300, T2 = 4
    Q3=250, T3 = 4
    Q4=188, T3 = 4

Sample footage:

http://vimeo.com/13077628

My apologies to
    lpowell for not including credit to him for the settings below in the original post.
    I also have another SD card with the "35Mbps MJPEG In-Camera Playback Patch" that has 100% stability for recording and in camera playback with the GF1. It records 720p 4:2:2 color at about 35 Mbps for highly detailed scenes.

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=215624

Q1=150, T1 = 86
    Q2=130, T2 = 56
    Q3=115, T3 = 26
    Q4=100, T3 = 4

Here is a Vimeo video showing the "Star" Chart filmed with both of these settings. I losslessly combined both clips with mp4cam2 and uploaded them as a single clip. You can also download the original file since I have paid for the upgraded Vimeo account.

http://vimeo.com/13098522
    Last edited by mpgxsvcd; 07-23-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Clarify that these settings are for GF1

5. Collapse Details
    Tested Class 6 SD Card patches - lpowell
    Here is a quick reference to patches I've developed for use on Class 6 SD cards and higher, for both GH1 and GF1 cameras in NTSC and PAL. These patches have been publicly posted after thorough testing on the following SD cards:

Lexar Platinum II Class 4 16GB (an exceptional Class 4)
    Patriot Class 6 16GB
    Transend Class 6 4GB
    Transend Class 6 16GB
    SanDisk Extreme Class 10 16GB

35Mbps MJPEG In-Camera Playback Patch
    720p @ 30fps in 4:2:2 color depth

These settings produce HD movies with average bitrates of up to 35Mbps across a broad range of illumination, from dim incandescence to shaded daylight. I've found this to be close to the highest MJPEG bitrate that can be reliably played back in-camera.
    Sample footage thread: http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=215624

60Mbps
    MJPEG Class 6 SD Card Patch
    720p @ 30fps in 4:2:2 color depth

These settings produce images with MJPEG Quality Level of 90-100 at bitrates around 60Mbps. I've found this to be close to the highest MJPEG bitrate that can be reliably recorded on Class 6 SD cards and higher. These movies will not, however, play back in camera.
    Sample footage thread: http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php...-SD-Card-Patch

40Mbps AVCHD High Reliability Patch
    NTSC: 720p @ 59.94fps & 1080p @ 23.976fps (in the standard 60i container)
    PAL: 720p @ 50fps & 1080p @ 25fps (in the standard 50i container)

These settings produce reliable SH and FHD movies with average bitrates of around 40Mbps in sharp-focus, highly detailed scenes. For extended recording duration, H mode will record 720p movies at about 24Mbps, and L mode will record 720p movies at about 16Mbps. All AVCHD videos will play back in-camera.
    Sample footage thread: http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=219132

50Mbps AVCHD Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch
    NTSC: 720p @ 29.97fps & 1080p @ 23.976fps (in the standard 60i container)
    PAL: 720p @ 25fps & 1080p @ 25fps (in the standard 50i container)

These settings produce high quality 720p30 and 720p25 videos with a short 3-frame GOP-length, recording one key frame every tenth of a second (NTSC). I've found this to be close to the highest reliable AVCHD bitrate that remains safely within the write-speed capabilities of Class 6 SD cards and higher. All AVCHD videos will play back in-camera.
    Sample footage thread: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...rame-GOP-Patch

Utility Patches Included:

Version update compatibility
    Version number incremented by one
    Third-part battery support
    All interface languages
    30min time limit removal
    PAL/NTSC selection menu
    GF1 Manual movie modes

*** WARNING ***

There were numerous versions of PTool "3.40d" that are now obsolete. They will not work properly with these patches.
    The easiest way to insure that you're up to date is to download the latest version of PTool before installing the patch:

Download link for PTool 3.51d: http://www.gh1-hack.info/ptool3d.zip

Illustrated Tutorial for PTool: http://dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.php?p...13&postcount=1

Panasonic Firmware Download page: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...fts/index.html

Downloadable PTool 3.51d Settings Files
    These zipped INI files can be used to apply complete patch settings to firmware loaded into PTool 3.50d. To use, unzip the INI files into the same folder as the PTool application. Launch PTool and load the firmware for either GH1 v1.32 or GF1 v1.22. The settings contained in the INI files will automatically be installed in the lower row of buttons in the PTool main window.

Note that with the following PTool Settings Files, you may at any time re-install the original Panasonic GH1 v1.32 or GF1 v1.22 firmware into the appropriate camera model. You may also copy each type of patched or original firmware to separate SD cards, and use them to quickly switch between patches as often as you like.

Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch Settings File
    I've combined my 40Mbps AVCHD High Reliability Patch with my 35Mbps MJPEG In-Camera Playback Patch in a downloadable PTool INI file. With this file, you can install the complete Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch with a single click of the "J" button in PTool:
    lpowell - Reliable In-Camera Playback Patch.zip

Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch Settings File
    I've combined my 50Mbps AVCHD 3-Frame GOP Patch with my 60Mbps MJPEG Class 6 SD Card Patch in a downloadable PTool INI file. With this file, you can install the complete Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch with a single click of the "I" button in PTool:
    lpowell - Fast Action 3-Frame GOP Patch.zip
    Last edited by Lpowell; 01-18-2011 at 11:27 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Reset Files
    Red face
    If you have installed the firmware on your GF1 and now you just want to reset it back the way it was you can install these files.

One of them just resets the MJPEG settings back to their original values. The other one resets the GF1 firmware back to version 1.22.

Basically, these settings are for the people who "Just want their life back"(Tony Hayward BP CEO). You knew the risks when you installed the software but now you just want someone to make all of your problems go away.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    This is not a flame or discussions thread.
    Only small comment and settings in attachment.
    If I see all settings in main message text it'll be deleted.

8. Collapse Details
    I seem to be unable to achieve the 'AVCHD FPS' (AVCHD 720p50->25fps) conversion of 50fps to 25fps
    I have this ticked but my 720p videos still report 50fps in the Panasonic PhotoFun HD software.
    But then VLC shows the 'Native 24p/25p' 1920x1080p AVCHD files that I know are 25fps as 50, so I'd appreciate someone else trying the AVCHD FPS conversion.

My bin .ini (as .txt file) settings attached (...if it works)
    David Taylor

9. Collapse Details
    Perfect settings
    Thumbs up
    Settings known as the 'Perfect settings ' ... You can find more info in this thread

Just in short sentence ... With this settings your GH1 can´t fail at any moment!

DONWLOAD:
    ThePerfectProject(fixed2).zip

.. and again .. full info about this project here.
    Last edited by MarekV; 07-12-2010 at 02:05 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    My Stable settings
    I believe this is the next step up on the MarekV Perfect Project above for those with Class 6 cards.

In all my tests, if i enable 25pN for ABCDE or any other setting i eventually get a card (class 6 16gb) error in FDH mode and that's with the new limiting patches enabled as well. So for now 25pN is out of bounds for me.

The absolute lowest the bitrate dropped to was 21mbps, the highest was 43mbps, Average was 27 - 34Mbps.

I shot grass, trees, pinebark, rocks, sand, tripod lock off shots, whip pans waterfalls, nothing gave an error.

In SH 720p mode the bitrates were overall lower by about 3-5 mbps

I could not even get Pappas Star Chart to fail , so these are what i have settled on for now and given up completely on 25pN

I don't believe a faster card will make any difference, 24/25pN is flawed in my opinion.

One question, is the Preset patch 1 keeping the bitrate over 20mbps? Because this is the first time nothing has dropped below 20mpbs even on static scenes?

Video evidence and FULL DETAILS HERE - http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...5&postcount=24

Below is the ini file containing the settings above plus the stable ipowell 35mbps mjpeg with 422. (delete the .txt on the end)
    Last edited by rambooc1; 07-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast