Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GH13 AVCHD Native 24p 60,56,60
    My first GH1, got it today and before doing anything else updated the firmware with the hack running native 24 at
    -Video bitrate adjustment - 60000000
    -Overall bitrate adjustment - 56000000
    -Limiting bitrate adjustment - 60000000

I used this with a new Patriot LX 8GB Class 10 card. The only time I got write errors is when the codec got overloaded during pressing the record button. Very Simple fix to turn off the camera and try again. I've seen similar on the Canon 7D with 233x CF cards. Anyway, I was completely blown away, the Gh1 now destroys all other video dslrs and this is with the included lens. Here are a few shots of what I tried shooting spending the day trying to break the camera.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Last edited by plasmasmp; 06-22-2010 at 01:45 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    do you really mean 60, 56, 60? Or do you mean 50,56,60? It doesn't make sense to have the video rate higher than the overall rate.

Chris

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I'd like to confirm if these were the bitrates you used.
    Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute before until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat. - Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, per car3o's tests, I went ahead and tried these settings.

Native 24p/25p
    Video Buffer 84,000,000
    Video Bitrate Adj 60,000,000
    Overall Bitrate Adj 56,000,000
    Limiting Bitrate Adj 60,000,000

5. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmasmp View Post
    My first GH1, got it today and before doing anything else updated the firmware with the hack running native 24 at
    -Video bitrate adjustment - 60000000
    -Overall bitrate adjustment - 56000000
    -Limiting bitrate adjustment - 60000000

I used this with a new Patriot LX 8GB Class 10 card. The only time I got write errors is when the codec got overloaded during pressing the record button. Very Simple fix to turn off the camera and try again. I've seen similar on the Canon 7D with 233x CF cards. Anyway, I was completely blown away, the Gh1 now destroys all other video dslrs and this is with the included lens. Here are a few shots of what I tried shooting spending the day trying to break the camera.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Kinda unbelievable that it's the same camera as just a few months ago, huh?

6. Collapse Details
    You can set the video bitrate that high but don't be surprised if it flunks out on you because your video bitrate needs to be lower than the overall bitrate(which needs to be lower than the limiting bitrate).

Most of the time I've not seen the camera get as high as the video bitrate is set for when working normally. I've only seen it go over when the native 24p is enabled, and that's a known bug.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    The first thing I shot was a res chart and it took half an hour to pick my jaw off the floor. I still cant believe it.

8. Collapse Details
    AHEM....uh, hey Kholi, isn't it time to change your name footer from just, "RED ONE" to include the GH13? (lol)

It's a great time to be making films isn't it? I have spent 2000 dollars and got a T2i, GH13 and some glass.....GEEZ it's CRAZY the footage I get out of these things.

BTW...no duck bias here!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmasmp View Post
    ... the Gh1 now destroys all other video dslrs and this is with the included lens.
    LOL...I guess that's the word of the day.

Dang...I'm now developing some sort of complex... I need therapy!!!

10. Collapse Details
    Just posted GH1 Stress Test http://www.vimeo.com/12792325
    25p native.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast