1. Collapse Details
    Transcode problem
    Hi HMC friends,

I have a problem with the MainConcept AVCHD > P2 Transcoder and wonder if any of you have seen this before...

I'm transcoding clips that I shot with the HMC150 in 720/24p to DVCProHD. I'm doing this to match a second camera, which was an HVX-200.

To preserve file structure, I carefully stored the clips in folders titled Card1 and Card2. The clips in both folders have the same names (0000.mts, 0001.mts, etc.), but they are in totally separate folders.

As I expected, Card1 transcoded AVCHD > P2 perfectly. However, when I try to do the same thing with the Card2 folder, the "Transcode" button is greyed out. I tried clicking "All Clips at Selected Folders," but it's still greyed out. When I select clips to transcode and select Rescan, an error pops up saying:

Unsupported Footage!
    This Application can only transcode Footage shot with a Panasonic Camera!

But I shot it with an HMC150! I've tried rebooting, closing/re-opening, and renaming the Card2 folder. I'm guessing I'm having trouble because the file names are the same. Have any of you had this problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks!
    Russ

Premiere 4.2.1
    Windows 7. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
    MainConcept Transcoder 2.1
    Files are on an external HDD and being saved back to it.

2. Collapse Details
    I know that this is on old post, but I just ran into the same problem. I was transcoding a bunch of footage from a HMC-150 to DV AVI with the Mainconcept transcoder. Everything was working great until I get to one file. I get the same error
    Unsupported Footage!
    This Application can only transcode Footage shot with a Panasonic Camera!

Cannot see any discrepency in folder structure. Anyone else have any issue like this and happen to find a resolution?

Phil

3. Collapse Details
    Never mind.

In my case it is user error. Apparently I transferred footage from the wrong card over.

Phil