Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Hello, I'm sending this on Starshine Video's behalf. We moved across state during the making of this film and we are without internet at the moment. I have been handling all the uploads and such from work. I wanted to let everyone know that he's not ignoring anyone we just haven't got connected yet. He should be back soon.

The wife.

2. Collapse Details
    After seeing your BTS, I think you'd have been better off doing this one in color as the B&W felt a bit off (technically). I think it needed more contrast as things got "milky" in the bushes. Of course, it looked like you may have had some problems with your compression that may have taken away from what you were trying to do.

Stephen seemed a bit more natural than Nathan, who's acting felt forced at time.

I'll echo what Marlon said about sound fx. The gunshots sounded like caps shot off in the bathroom, far too much echo. I also noticed that everything started off silent which really sounded off when the audio did kick in.

So, at the end did someone find the dropped pistol and shoot Nathan's character?

3. Collapse Details
    Some nice efforts here guys. I'm just echoing Marlon and Blaine but you have to put in the extra work with the sound design to really sell your film. I worry myself on every production with sound and still get hiccups. Make sure we can hear their dialogue and get the impact of the gunshots. Get that taken care of and I think you guys will be doing good.

4. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    This was an interesting film. I was a little thrown by the ending and thought maybe something else happened and then it just stopped. A little rough around the edges but a really good effort.
    Acting wasn't too bad either. Hope to see what you can do in the next fest. Lots of potential here for sure.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for all the comments. Trevor should be back online tomorrow.

The Wife

6. Collapse Details
    I have to agree with everything stated above...that said, really good effort on the film.
    I look forward to seeing your next!

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks a ton guys. I agree with you on every count. The reason it is silent at the beginning is that Music just simply wasn't completed in time and I had not planned on having any audio for that section other than the music. I hope to get that taken care of pretty soon. I'll post a link to the version with full music when I get it totally done so that you all can see what it should have been.

I also get what you guys are saying about the gunshots. The funny thing about that is they are real colt .45 loads from a colt single action army. I recorded them at several distances and this was the closest that I could get with out distorting. I think I will just break down and get some pro sound effects. Anybody recommend a good site for sound effects? Or a Library I could buy?

Thanks a ton guys.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine Video View Post
    I also get what you guys are saying about the gunshots. The funny thing about that is they are real colt .45 loads from a colt single action army. I recorded them at several distances and this was the closest that I could get with out distorting. I think I will just break down and get some pro sound effects.
    Yeah, it's not important that that's what they really sound like, it's what we have been conditioned to accept through the sound design we've heard from Hollywood. Just look at what punches sound like...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12