1. Collapse Details
    Sprite Commercial
    Ok Ok. It's a Spec.

But Please, tell me if you like it. It was a bit difficult as the sun was going down so the color temp of the light went from 5600 to 7000 or so within the three hours we were there. So CC was a a bit rough.

No budget. Just a couple of friends spending a couple of hours together on the weekend.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7zHJXY9Wuo

2. Collapse Details
    Not too bad.

Couple things. Really pump up the sound of opening the bottle to make it "sell" refreshing. Use that longer bottle opening sound with the long fizz and pressure release after.

Violence is tricky. This isn't a casual slap or a slapstick tackle, but rather a slightly angry double punch, etc. and from a woman, so corporations may stray away from that. It's a fine line. If she stood, took a moment and slapped him, but we mainly saw the swing then his reaction CU in camera we get the impact without the violence.

I would push for a quicker pace. If you have enough coverage it would make more sense. A commercial in this category wouldn't be more than 30 seconds.

Best,

Jason
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way that I do it.

3. Collapse Details
    Pretty good.

I would just have the girl walk away at the end (just past the camera) in slo-mo smirking and still holding the (not empty) bottle.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Panic View Post
    Pretty good.

I would just have the girl walk away at the end (just past the camera) in slo-mo smirking and still holding the (not empty) bottle.

Ooooh. Good Call! I like that.

5. Collapse Details
    real good... definitely a lot of talent

6. Collapse Details
    I would like to see both hands going for the last sprite. It wasnt to clear that they both wanted it. Or at least they that they both wanted it real bad. Make since?
    Last edited by Skilled; 06-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    hey, i looved how crisp this looked. were you shooting on l lenses? i'd love some specs on what you used equipment wise!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by twerp View Post
    hey, i looved how crisp this looked. were you shooting on l lenses? i'd love some specs on what you used equipment wise!
    Thanks!

I shot almost all of it on the $100 50mm f1.8. And the opening and closing shot were done on the 24 2.8.

I find that shooting at the right time of day and using the contrast provided by the sun is an excellent way to get the most out of the camera. Plus I was stopped down to about f8 the entire shoot, so it was pretty hard to mess up focus.