Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm probably being an idiot here, but I've used Winebottler to make a Mac executable of PTool 3.56d, I load Firmware 1.32 fine, but it doesn't load any of the patches - the A-J buttons stay pink, and it says 'No Settings File'. I've got the seta.ini and seth.ini files in the same folder. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_h View Post
    I'm probably being an idiot here, but I've used Winebottler to make a Mac executable of PTool 3.56d, I load Firmware 1.32 fine, but it doesn't load any of the patches - the A-J buttons stay pink, and it says 'No Settings File'. I've got the seta.ini and seth.ini files in the same folder. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    You're not being an idiot. It's just the way ptool was written (ini files have to be in the same folder as the exectutable).

This helped me: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/in.../t-251877.html

- close the winebottled PTool
    - put the ini files in ~/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/Ptool/drive_c/winebottler
    - relaunch

(Also works on Lion, but the "~/Library/Application Support" folder is hidden by default so you'd have to use the "Go To Folder" option in the finder or do it via the command line).

3. Collapse Details
    I can't get my GH13 to recognize the GH17 patch. I was able to change the firmware last year on a job in Alaska ( this was in June of '10. I ended at GH1__165.bin) but now nothing seems to work. After I load the new settings on a card, turn on the camera and hit the play button, the message "no valid picture to play" is all I get. Any ideas? I tried re-setting the firmware back to GH1__132.bin but no luck.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by david.john View Post
    I can't get my GH13 to recognize the GH17 patch. I was able to change the firmware last year on a job in Alaska ( this was in June of '10. I ended at GH1__165.bin) but now nothing seems to work. After I load the new settings on a card, turn on the camera and hit the play button, the message "no valid picture to play" is all I get. Any ideas? I tried re-setting the firmware back to GH1__132.bin but no luck.

i have the same problem try to load files from GH1__132.bin till GH1__210.bin and no luck, any ideas what needs to do to load firmware? second GH1 body eats the same firmware files with no questions :S

5. Collapse Details
    Try formatting the card in the stubborn camera first, then adding the .ini and see if it then works. I've found that to be the case once or twice.

6. Collapse Details
    From a newbees point of view. is it possible for someone to create say a Driftwood 176 patch firmware and just zip it and e-mail it? Then I just copy to my card? There isn't anything special or different if I mess around with the ptool setting myself?

Thanks

Max

7. Collapse Details
    can I change the quality on both AVCHD and MJPEG in one firmware hack update?

8. Collapse Details
    Q). Can u playback videos with increased audio bitrate in camera?
    A). No, not at the time, being looked into.

does this mean i cant playback any video that ive recorded?

9. Collapse Details
    Q). Can you view HDMI out while recording?
    A). No, not yet, maybe soon. Still testing.

So is this to say if I hack my GH2 I cannot view my outboard monitor as I record???

10. Collapse Details
    Hi, Just joined the forum. Appreciate all the work here.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast