Thread: Good woman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Good woman
    Bronze Member
    Man, my chick is too cool. Not only does she always make sure to make an awesome spread for dinner every week night and kickin breakfasts on the weekend, most of which she makes from scratch with fresh ingredients, she takes care of most of the housework, juices all the organic apple and carrot, celery and parsley juice for the week, works out twice a day while being a professional in the financial sector and being beautiful through all of it. She's also the most patient, kindest, most good natured, supportive, loyal and honest person I've ever met. She gives me a pedicure every weekend and cuts my hair and always checks my neck for ingrowns.

And then today while baking some bread she makes up this puree of papaya, sea salt and olive oil and scrubs it all over me in the shower and I feel AWESOME afterwards. I've never used fresh ingredients as a body wash, but it was a truly awesome experience.

Just thought we should all give shout outs to the ladies who support us and make each day bright and perfect.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    what kind of drugs are you taking??

you know your not suppose to mix drugs right?

does your imagination know any limits!!

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amr Rahmy View Post
    what kind of drugs are you taking??

you know your not suppose to mix drugs right?

does your imagination know any limits!!
    LOL

I swear, man. The papaya scrub was awesome!

If you're talking about me describing my woman -- why you think I put a ring on it, man??? Believe me, there are numerous beautiful women walking around Chicago where the ratios on the Northside are like 3 to 1 (and that's if you're including all the guys in Boy's Town!). Maybe a girl just has to be that much more awesome here to keep a man. My girl KEEPS ME, for real. There is nothing better in the world than a woman that tries every day to impress her man.

On my end, I just stay faithful and honest and always give her due props.

4. Collapse Details
    I like to hear this. A good woman (or man) is hard to find.

-Nate

MAKE YOUR MOVIE NOW!

Writer/Director/Producer/Editor/Composer/Prop Master/Action Hero
    Canon T3i/Apple Final Cut Studio 2/After Effects CS3/Action Essentials 2/Garageband 4.1.2

The Fourth Beast-2003 | Wages of Sin -2007 | Epitaph: Bread and Salt -2011

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    And worth the wait!

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamber005 View Post
    Believe me, there are numerous beautiful women walking around Chicago
    Nothing like the 'go in the summer!

7. Collapse Details
    There's no substitute for the right woman, that's for sure. I realized that I must have the right one, first time I went on location alone in Hawaii, and discovered that despite endless opportunities to cheat with some other really stunning women...I didn't really want to.
    The key to success is being too dumb to know when to quit.

Motion Picture & Television Art Directors' Guild :: IATSE Local 800 :: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Star Trek: Into Darkness (nominated, 2013)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Mockingbird Lane (nominated, 2012)
    ADG Award for Excellence in Production Design, Avatar (2010)

8. Collapse Details
    VHS Member Old Skool Jim Brennan's Avatar
    My wife doesn't cook
    My wife doesn't clean
    My wife wouldn't know a papaya scrub from bag of manure.

But....

She can break down and set up a softbox, rig wireless lavs, set up a teleprompter, knows to bag c-stands, never steps on cables, knows a full scrim from a half, never moves hot lights, knows ND from CTO from CTB, always spots a boom in the shot, knows to hold for traffic and airplane noise, can spot expository dialogue from a mile away, always remembers to get tone, and she sets up a kick-ass craft services table...as long as there is no cooking involved.

But best of all, she has never once given me an ounce of crap about the thousands and thousands of dollars I have invested in gear over the years. Taking her to NAB is like taking an alcoholic to the Jameson distillery. She wants it all.

Plus she's a great mom to our kids.

"...there is no magic, no mystery---just common sense and hard work" - Nestor Almendros

Visit my site at

Hooligan Nation Productions

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brennan View Post
    My wife doesn't cook
    My wife doesn't clean
    My wife wouldn't know a papaya scrub from bag of manure.

But....

She can break down and set up a softbox, rig wireless lavs, set up a teleprompter, knows to bag c-stands, never steps on cables, knows a full scrim from a half, never moves hot lights, knows ND from CTO from CTB, always spots a boom in the shot, knows to hold for traffic and airplane noise, can spot expository dialogue from a mile away, always remembers to get tone, and she sets up a kick-ass craft services table...as long as there is no cooking involved.

But best of all, she has never once given me an ounce of crap about the thousands and thousands of dollars I have invested in gear over the years. Taking her to NAB is like taking an alcoholic to the Jameson distillery. She wants it all.

Plus she's a great mom to our kids.
    Glad to someone here has their priorities straight. Cooking, cleaning.........ehhh. But someone to backstop you in film-making.......priceless.

10. Collapse Details
    My girl is my producer. This one word covers so many things for me...she basically ADs my life. I suck at politics but she always knows the right way to say things, she's really personable and makes friends as soon as she meets someone, so she does all the talking...I hate meeting people most of the time, being social and whatnot, unless you can talk about movies or gear. I do all the technical stuff. She's the first person to see every project, give feedback, it's always good 'cause she'll tell me if something's bad. Gonna have to give her some Final Cut lessons soon though...I can shoot all day but it would be really nice to tag-team an edit instead of one man and a peanut gallery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast