Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Michael,

We aren't short of ideas just short on agreements, its kind of hard with the above restrictions, we are tossing up whether or not to try for genre accuracy or to try and subvert things somewhat.

The good thing about the length of the shorts is that its easy to come up with a rough draft as a concept, so far we're at 7 different scripts before we come across a concept that everyone can agree on.

2. Collapse Details
    Any news here? This one sounded particularly interesting, given the location and horror theme.
    the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

3. Collapse Details
    Hey Guys,

Yes theres movement, will keep you informed.

4. Collapse Details
    Script is complete shooting this weekend. Weather is s*%t so a complete reimagining is in place.

Hopefully its unique.

5. Collapse Details
    good luck! Go get em!!

6. Collapse Details
    Ok first shoot day today, I'm away for a couple of weeks for work from sunday weekend. So we plan to shoot today after work, tomorrow after work, then shoot all day saturday. I will then cut the film together while on the break and we will return for the rest of the shoot and pickups when I get back. Lucky everything is in one location, deadlines tight but then that makes it exciting.

Won't reveal too much about the film until closer to submission but its a play on the western genre but not really in the west. Ironically we do have access to a historic village on the west coast of the south island - it's really rugged land, sparesely populated, with rolling plains and a backdrop of snow capped mountains, in short perfect - It's the kind of land that the farmers have to farm with helicopters and on horse back. Unfortunately that is only available from August so we might end up shooting a western for whatever the next competition is!

7. Collapse Details
    PS how do I change the title of a thread? I've seen alot of untitled films disapear so I'm guessing they are being renamed?

8. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Good luck with the shoot!

I believe you have to ask a Mod to change the title for you.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

9. Collapse Details
    Well one day of shooting left. Had a bit of a problem with the main location, one of the crew sat on something he shouldn't have and broke it. Rather than risk not being able to return we crammed three days shooting into one, instead of wrapping at 9pm like schedualed we shot through to 5am, we don't usually work so long on 48hour film competitions let alone a more leisurely paced one. Obviously I was honest about the damage and we will chip together to fix it. Also had five actors drop out on us so had to put in crew plus actors which were cast for rolls in the last part of shooting so need to recast.

Quality has definitely been affected, doing a rough cut now and it's a shame - still pretty reasonable I hope. But golly time is now tight.

10. Collapse Details
    Sounds ugly ... got what you needed? Sort of?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast