Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Review my latest film & 1st comedy??
    Hi, I've got some reviews back on Facebook (privately), but want to get some more people here from the DVXuser community that aren't "friends" of mine per se, so that I can be sure the feedback is as honest & brutal as possible.

Here's what I've been sending out to people for questions, info, etc. If you feel you've got 15 minutes today/tonight to spare to watch this & then give me your feedback, I'd love to hear from you. Just post on here your willingness, and I'll PM you the link to the test screener.

The comedy short film "Meat Market" (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meat-M...943955?ref=sgm) will be a PG13 equivalent, so use caution if playing this around children you don't want hearing the material. The current runtime is approximately 14 minutes.

NOTE: Please understand this is NOT the final of the film. It is still pending final sound effects, visual effects, music/score, audio levels, and especially color correction (bringing up levels, making shots match one from the next, etc.). Those things will be finalized once we believe we have a locked edit (no further changes in time code), after receiving & taking into consideration all of the feedback.

GUIDELINES: Please do NOT share this link with anyone, and please be brutally honest in your feedback. Pulling punches will do us no favors. We want to ensure we have a FUNNY and entertaining film here, and your honest feedback will be crucial in helping us make much needed changes (if any) to the final.

After watching, please reply back (by this Wednesday evening 4/28) with answers to the following:
    1.) What was your favorite scene/moment?
    2.) Was there any section(s) you felt dragged, or were simply NOT funny but felt they were meant to be?
    3.) Who was your favorite character?
    4.) Favorite line or quote from the film?
    5.) In a few sentences, please explain what the story was about (helping us to know if it flowed & made sense to you).
    6.) Is this a story you would enjoy seeing expanded into a feature film?
    7.) If there is a DVD of the film, packed full of special features, would you feel good recommending friends to buy a copy?
    8.) Please let us know any other thoughts you have towards the film, whether kudos you want to share that we didn't ask about, or areas of improvement you feel could be made? Remember, you're the audience, so your opinion is CRUCIAL!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    I'll check it out and respond if you can send me the link in the next hour.

3. Collapse Details
    JUST got back from some errands, so cutting it close. Will send to you now, just in case via PM.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    i'd like to watch too

5. Collapse Details
    I'd like to see it

6. Collapse Details
    I'd be willing to offer feedback.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks, folks. Sending you PM's now with the link ... look forward to your thoughts based on the above Q's, and anything else you'd like to offer with regards to the current edit (i.e. things I can address without reshooting, as that's financially not an option).
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

8. Collapse Details
    Hey norm, I know I am too late here, but if you still want some people, I would give it a look tonight.

M

9. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    I would love to as well. I can check it out today.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

10. Collapse Details
    Not sure if you want me to post thoughts here or via PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast