Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I have this unit, and the single unit panny vhs. I love the slogan.... :just slighty ahead of our time... Mainly saving these for eventual use as props or my own personal museum.

Right now I work with a Sony Dsr250, I love it to death and I do all my wedding/event work with it still... all my clients get dvds, so why not. I got it in 2000. I work with HVX200a and redrock micro on a feature right now, but that's property of the client. I absolutely love those cams much more. I am just saving and saving for a hpx170, but damn life keeps getting in the way. I'm so close then my car majorly breaks down, then Rhode Island gets flooding, practically destroying my basement, water heater, oil burner, washer, dryer. Then on top of that my waste pipes overflow this weekend. Bring it!!!

Its all good, stilll smiling and still saving... so damn close.
    "It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine."

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KjoBBzZdt0

this Commercial used to be on my VHS taped from TV copy of EWOK adventures when i was a kid....
    Ha! Awesome! I love [sarcasm] the fact that they almost encourage BEACH usage without a bag! LOL! The slow-motion aspect surprised me and I thought that was purty cool for 1983.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
    AVID Symphony
    editing/grading
    - ADOBE suite
    For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

3. Collapse Details
    Don't know what's worse... that I can remember these ads from when I was thirteen or that I worship this company's current crop of product.
    Erik Olson

4. Collapse Details
    Still got functioning two BVW300 Sony Betacam SPs and a 327 with a Hi-8 back end.

Never get rid of anything that can replay the boxes of tapes in the store - just in case, but frankly I can't remember the last time I opened the box. The BVWs still produce excellent images - but 30 mins of tape is the killer!

I also just found a Sony underwater housing for the 8mm camera I bought in the early 80s - if I can bodge a mount, I might even make it work!

5. Collapse Details
    Steak Knife Member David G. Smith's Avatar
    I have a PD-150 I bought in 2001 that I use. I also have a Elmo 1012-XLS Super 8 camera from the early 1980's and a Bolex Rex 4 16mm Camera from the mid 1960's. I have not used the film cameras in a while, but I would at the drop of a hat if I had a project that would require them.
    "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations"
    -Orson Wells.

"To me the great hope is... people that normally wouldn't be making movies will make them and suddenly some little fat girl in Ohio will be the new Mozart and will make a beautiful film using her father's camera-corder and the "Professionalism" of movie making will be destroyed forever and it will finally become an art form."
    -Francis Ford Coppola.

6. Collapse Details
    I use my old beat-up VX2000 as a playback deck. I plan on re-purposing it into a "really good" home security camera. I will also use it to shoot faux "security camera" footage for inclusion in a display in any other shorts I shoot.
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

7. Collapse Details
    Director of Photography TimurCivan's Avatar
    Cinematographer
    Sigma Pro

www.timurcivan.com 917-589-4424

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurCivan View Post
    You see those candlelit shots?!?! Take THAT, Leonardo DiCaprio!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12