Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pookie and his Inane posts.
    Okay, if it relates to film-making, cool.

Otherwise, stop trying to usurp Terry_Lasater. Period. You are the new guy. Be respectful. Ask his advice, get his perspective on things. He has established his credentials here. You have not. Attempting to become the next Terry will only get you .............................Unhhh, where the toilet paper?............................................ Understand? Terry has established himself as a respected individual. He has been on way longer than I have here on DVX.

Just because the number of posts may or not be greater, you need to look at quality of posts. Linking others to something you may enjoy is cool, but does it really contribute to the real focus of this site? And that is film-making. What have YOU shot recently? Or what have you been INVOLVED in recently? Links are cool, but step up to the plate and show us what you have been involved in recently. Outside that, I call "scammer" and am done with it, Pookie, sorry. Start showing original stuff you have been involved in. Doesn't mean you have to have the original idea, but something other than copy/paste.

Bro, sorry, but calling you out. Fess up. IMDB, Res, something. And keep in mind there are VERY computer savvy people on this site.
    Last edited by Doc Bernard; 04-24-2010 at 01:52 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bernard View Post
    Okay, if it relates to film-making, cool.

Otherwise, stop trying to usurp Terry_Lasater. Period. You are the new guy. Be respectful. Ask his advice, get his perspective on things. He has established his credentials here. You have not. Attempting to become the next Terry will only get you .................................................. ....................... Understand?
    You're kidding, right? Pookie is seriously old school to the DVXuser site. Maybe you've not been around that long, but something happened to Pookie years ago, and he came back with a new account, same name. Don't know if he was banned or not, but anyway ... he's been around likely as long as Terry.

Again, maybe this was a joke post ... it's late, I'm tired, just saw it, and thought "what the heck" and shot my post.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Trying to see if I could get a rise. When I would trout fish, it was yes or no. Yes, strike or no, nothing.

LOL, consider me an evil person. I wanted an evil response. Pookie was my target. Dammit. Missed. WTF, Pookie, gave you a huge opportunity to rip into me. Don't tell me you have gone ....well.........Pooftie.
    Last edited by Doc Bernard; 04-24-2010 at 02:02 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    But Terry does post stuff more apropropos. Pookie seems to be so much more random and disjointed. Maybe just me.

5. Collapse Details
    It's weird, sometimes he posts crap and it makes me roll my eyes next time I see his username, but then he posts gold. It's just to mess with us, only explanation.

But I agree. It's almost time for a good old tar and feathering. No real reason, it's just that I've never been involved in one and it always sounded fun.

6. Collapse Details
    OoooooOOOOOoooooo, boiling the tar, and fluffing the feathers. Ohhh, Pookie, com'mere a sec, does this color of tar look right to you?

Quick, grab him!!!!!!!!! Bastard is slick! Put a good dose of feathers on him!

Old school has my respect, but Pookie seems to work too hard at it. Is he the same person? Or an imposter?

Oh please......an Imposter, I need a target to go after. PLEASE!!!!!!!!! I am so bored, no GF and all.

So, Pookie........what are you wearing? Something slinky tonight? Just for me? Maybe that teddy in pink silk I sent you and nothing else? ooo-ooo-ooooh!

My point is Terry has been at this longer (since I have been a member) and more to the point. Heck I can throw any link up, to some inane video on youtube. Terry tries to work with the subject matter. Pookie, well, just posts links. Sorry, bro. A few of your posts have been good, but nothing like Terry shares. Step up the game????? Or step aside???????? Not for me to decide....
    Last edited by Doc Bernard; 04-24-2010 at 04:29 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Let me preface my post with a friendly reminder that personal attacks are against DVXuser rules. I assume this thread isn't in ill intent, so I'll let it stand. Plus, I've gotta see this.

Pookie has been a member on DVXuser for many years. I don't know if he pre-dates Terry or not; they both pre-date me. I joined in 2005.

He is very knowledgeable in many aspects of film making. And though he's never revealed his true identity (He's the closest thing DVXuser has to The Stig), he is a respected member here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    It's just to mess with us, only explanation.
    Of course. It's Pookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bernard View Post
    Step up the game????? Or step aside????????
    You, sir, ... Wow.

This oughtta be good.

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

8. Collapse Details
    Oh boy.

9. Collapse Details
    I think the concept of this type of thread goes against what most long-term members come here for... an escape... from whatever.

Maybe I'm wrong, but after a few days of dealing with people that I have nothing in common with and feeling like a goof-ball everywhere else... I don't want to come here and have that feeling reinforced.

I'm having high-school flash-backs.

Pookie is a DVXuser Original... and a particular Brand of Entertainment that I, and others, begged to get back on the board. He took a hiatus from this place... and there's enough "beige vanilla"... I appreciate the Pookie-Spice.

Everybody wants to see their name in lights, but not if the lights spell out an insult
    Last edited by MattinSTL; 04-24-2010 at 08:34 AM.
    LIGHTING and SOUND AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR ON DVD

LIGHTING for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel.................................................. ............................. SOUND for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MattinSTL View Post
    I think the concept of this type of thread goes against what most long-term members come here for... an escape... from whatever.

Maybe I'm wrong, but after a few days of dealing with people that I have nothing in common with and feeling like a goof-ball everywhere else... I don't want to come here and have that feeling reinforced.

I'm having high-school flash-backs.

Pookie is a DVXuser Original... and a particular Brand of Entertainment that I, and others, begged to get back on the board. He took a hiatus from this place... and there's enough "beige vanilla"... I appreciate the Pookie-Spice.
    Agreed.

I haven't been around forever but I was fully aware that Pookie's an old school member back from hiatus.

His posts are fairly entertaining and even informative.

So, as what was said above... What's with the highschool stuff?

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast