Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskacameradude View Post
    Alright, but that still sounds good to me!
    Yeah, better DoF and probably better low light than the other three cameras in this price range (HPX170/EX1/new Canon) with the option to slap on a really nice prime when the situation calls for it? I think I can live with that.

2. Collapse Details
    Can we please leave the format discussion to other threads?

As I've said before; the P2 request has been put forward a million times in this thread already. Let's move on, please.

Hi Gabe!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    They can't adapt 2/3" lenses to it, because those would only cover 1/4 of the chip. It'd be like using a 1/3" lens on a 2/3" camera. So that's what I'm saying -- there's no lens out there that covers anywhere near the size of the chip. So it means all new engineering for the lens manufacturers.

Hopefully they'll be on it. But, given the price difference of a 1/3" lens to a 2/3", I don't have a lot of hope for the difference between 2/3" and 4/3".

So, yeah, let's hope for a motorized zoom on the GH1 lens, it's already a 10:1 zoom with proper auto and manual focus, etc.
    Barry; yeah, I know about the physical lens compatibility issue.

However if they are going to provide any facility for motorized lenses; then I'd hope (request) they use the industry standard camera-lens connector to do it.

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Harvey View Post
    Yeah, better DoF and probably better low light than the other three cameras in this price range (HPX170/EX1/new Canon) with the option to slap on a really nice prime when the situation calls for it? I think I can live with that.
    Better low light with the 10x zoom? It depends. f4.0 (AF-100) requires more than 4x the ISO of f1.9 (EX1/3). Will the AF-100 have an ISO1600 so clean that it will compare with the ISO400 equivalent of the EX1/3?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkowilson View Post
    However if they are going to provide any facility for motorized lenses; then I'd hope (request) they use the industry standard camera-lens connector to do it.

- Mikko
    Yeah, that is a request I would second.

By the way, if I remember right you are leaving on July 31st. Which is the very
    day that I was going to see if you could work on a shoot........darn it! Hopefully
    I'll get you next time. Have a fun trip!

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Grapsas View Post
    Better low light with the 10x zoom? It depends. f4.0 (AF-100) requires more than 4x the ISO of f1.9 (EX1/3). Will the AF-100 have an ISO1600 so clean that it will compare with the ISO400 equivalent of the EX1/3?
    So correct me if I am wrong- if the GH1 kit lens is used (or such equivalent), why would I buy this new camera? It will yield about the same DOF and be actually worst in low light then EX1 and cost the same? why bother then- I'll just buy another EX1 and at least I don't have to deal with AVCHD.
    Last edited by robertrogoz; 06-11-2010 at 10:45 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Here is another rumor from dvinfo:
    "Last news are saying the Af100 will feed the HD-SDI with 4:2:0, not 4:2:2...
    The NanoFlash will be useless, and so is the SDI output.
    I hope it's a mistake. If it's not, I don't think Panasonic will sell a lot."
    Anyone can confirm? However if it is true it will be a consumer cam with high price tag.

7. Collapse Details
    whats the pont of hd sdi if it doesnt work how it should be? thats a stupid rumor

i think jan has never said anything like that

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrogoz View Post
    So correct me if I am wrong- if the GH1 kit lens is used (or such equivalent), why would I buy this new camera? It will yield about the same DOF and be actually worst in low light then EX1 and cost the same? why bother then- I'll just buy another EX1 and at least I don't have to deal with AVCHD.
    You will be able to get shallow DOF and good low light with the fast primes. Until it comes out we don't know how it will compare in low light when using small apertures.

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrogoz View Post
    Here is another rumor from dvinfo:
    "Last news are saying the Af100 will feed the HD-SDI with 4:2:0, not 4:2:2...
    The NanoFlash will be useless, and so is the SDI output.
    I hope it's a mistake. If it's not, I don't think Panasonic will sell a lot."
    Anyone can confirm? However if it is true it will be a consumer cam with high price tag.
    Even if it is 4:2:0, there is an advantage in recording in a better codec. The actual color sampling is only a small part of image quality. A better codec will improve motion, reduce luma and chroma artifacts, etc.

10. Collapse Details
    Jan said on one of the trade show floor video clips that the camera records 4:2:0.
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast