Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    AF-100 Wishlist/Suggestion Discussion Thread
    We did this for the HPX170 and it helped out greatly to get what we wanted on that camera. With the AF-100 slated for release at the end of 2010, hopefully we can get our voices heard once more. Please remember that this is a suggestion list... not a list of demands. We have no guarantee of having these suggestions implemented, all we can do is make sure Panasonic is aware of what the members here would like see.

If you have a suggestion for what you would like to see in the AF-100, post it below.
    Please be reasonable and specific - and I will do my best to keep the list updated for easy reading.

Click here to go to the Official AF-100 Wishlist & Suggestions post.

2. Collapse Details
    In regards to #9....can we say that this is only if there would be a tiered model? Like an AF-200 with p2 vs AF-100 with AVCHD? I know I would want the cheaper one.

3. Collapse Details
    In regards to #2... is that possible with AVCHD? I was under the impression it wasn't.

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    This is my wish list:
    LCD/VF- as sharp as EX1 and 2x the size
    no ports behind LCD, so lcd doesn't have to be open to access them
    Power supply plug not behind the battery
    Power tap plug or some sort of battery system allowing using on-camera light or powering up Nanoflash
    Optional HD-SDI to save cost. a vast majority of users doesn't need SDI- could be 2 versions like Canon HH and XL series with or without jetpack.
    A wide angle lens with aperture F2.0 or 2.8 to take advantage of big sensor- a stock lens specific to this camera. (view angle equivalent to 24mm in 35mm camera)
    I would also prefer CF cards instead of SDHC or even SDXC.
    PLEEZE- if it is supposed to be a pro-camera, no autofocus should be implemented, nor any touch screen as well, but buttons only. If you want these features please buy a consumer camera- it will produce adequate picture. What pros need is professional controls not some half ass touch screen funk. in most situations you'll be using VF.
    I also would like to see ISO instead of "gain"

5. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    More than two xlr audio inputs, 3 would be ok, 4 better. Even mini xlr's on 3 and 4 would be cool. I shoot a lot of run n gun reality tv stuff and always have 3 or 4 wireless mics running per cam.

6. Collapse Details
    well some may disagree but ill post anyway
    -touch screen lcd

the touch screen should NOT replace the way to navigate the real button controls or menu of the camera.

its for special purposes like selective focus tracking on subjects, focus pulling, drag/panning during focus assist mode, etc...

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by robertrogoz View Post
    This is my wish list:
    LCD/VF- as sharp as EX1 and 2x the size
    no ports behind LCD, so lcd doesn't have to be open to access them
    Power supply plug not behind the battery
    Power tap plug or some sort of battery system allowing using on-camera light or powering up Nanoflash
    Optional HD-SDI to save cost. a vast majority of users doesn't need SDI- could be 2 versions like Canon HH and XL series with or without jetpack.
    A wide angle lens with aperture F2.0 or 2.8 to take advantage of big sensor- a stock lens specific to this camera. (view angle equivalent to 24mm in 35mm camera)
    I would also prefer CF cards instead of SDHC or even SDXC.
    PLEEZE- if it is supposed to be a pro-camera, no autofocus should be implemented, nor any touch screen as well, but buttons only. If you want these features please buy a consumer camera- it will produce adequate picture. What pros need is professional controls not some half ass touch screen funk. in most situations you'll be using VF.
    I also would like to see ISO instead of "gain"
    What is the problem with the autofocus?
    I use it very often (when I need too) and I dont think that makes me ...less pro!!!
    I bet there are many GH1 users loving it in their cam, and many 5D,7D users hating that they dont have it...!
    There are situations where it can be REALY useful...
    AUTOFOCUS please...

8. Collapse Details
    Yes, ISO instead of gain.

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    AUTOFOCUS PLEASE! And a very fast one that doesn't hunt like previous panny cameras.

10. Collapse Details
    Lets be productive and not shoot ideas down. Its up to panny to implement things so just post your suggestions and dont be counter productive

Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast