Thread: Eidolon

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nice work on this. I thought the mood and tone was very appropriate, and suitably dreary.

I wish more of the story could've been shown instead of told - especially since the "flashback" shots were really beautiful. As the conversation kept going, I kept wishing I could see what he was talking about. Still, it was very evocative and engaging. Anything shot in the rain automatically makes me a happy guy.

2. Collapse Details
    My favorite thing about this entry was the sound design on the flashbacks. Actually, the shots for the flashbacks were very nice as well.

The horse intro was nice as well, but I don't really know what it had to do with the story.

The main part of the film was solid, and had nice cinematography, but I think you could have made it more visually interesting by having more blocking for the actors.

3. Collapse Details
    I just need to point out that the composer did the flashback sound. ;) Thanks, Jason. It's all the same instruments as in the music, mostly backwards or pitch-shifted out of their normal ranges.
    Randin Graves
    film composer & didjeriduist for all occasions!
    http://www.randingraves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/randinmusic
    http://www.imdb.me/randingraves

4. Collapse Details
    Really enjoyed this one. Lots of good films this fest. I would also have to agree that I would have liked to have seen more of what he had done since what we did see of it looked so damn good. Well acted and definitely well put together. Nice score as well.

The rain also added a nice feel to it.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    thetvirus,
    Good work here, very mature, slow paced, good acting and dialogue. I like both the leads, the costumes and the location. The rain is a nice touch, well i guess i like everything because the score is good too. the ending caught me by surprise and it's cool, but the kid sure doesn't seem phased by it. I would have liked a better emotional response from him. But I may be wrong, if he was intended to not care then so be it.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for keeping it vague haha, I know what you mean about the other guy being nice given the circumstances but we have reasoning for why that is, but it would be hard to get into on here without ruining the story at this point....Glad you like it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Keaton View Post
    Man, I won't spill beans, but that was messed up. I can see why he went out that way. That other dude was awfully nice for what happened, but I guess a man in his position can be nice.

I hope that was sufficiently vague. Good Job!

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Curugon View Post
    Nice work on this. I thought the mood and tone was very appropriate, and suitably dreary.

I wish more of the story could've been shown instead of told - especially since the "flashback" shots were really beautiful. As the conversation kept going, I kept wishing I could see what he was talking about. Still, it was very evocative and engaging. Anything shot in the rain automatically makes me a happy guy.
    ]

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked the rain to because it was definitely a B!TCH to deal with haha

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonthewho View Post
    My favorite thing about this entry was the sound design on the flashbacks. Actually, the shots for the flashbacks were very nice as well.

The horse intro was nice as well, but I don't really know what it had to do with the story.

The main part of the film was solid, and had nice cinematography, but I think you could have made it more visually interesting by having more blocking for the actors.
    I have to say the composer and sound designer both did an amazing job getting us the feel we wanted for the majority of the story as well as the flashbacks, and the colorist too for that matter. As far as the horse, our intro had to get cut due to time constraints, but basically the older man was riding up to meet the younger man on the bridge. We couldn't say no to throwing a couple shots of the horse in there though

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    Really enjoyed this one. Lots of good films this fest. I would also have to agree that I would have liked to have seen more of what he had done since what we did see of it looked so damn good. Well acted and definitely well put together. Nice score as well.

The rain also added a nice feel to it.

MAH
    I'm glad you liked it and I really appreciate the feedback, you have been someone whose films I have admired for a few years now so it really means a lot. I'm glad you liked the look of the flashbacks I think they turned out really well. And yes props to Randin for the score, it was a job well done. Again I love hearing that people appreciated the rain because it was a pain to film in without the right protective gear and it was a pain throughout post, so It's nice to hear it was worth it

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    thetvirus,
    Good work here, very mature, slow paced, good acting and dialogue. I like both the leads, the costumes and the location. The rain is a nice touch, well i guess i like everything because the score is good too. the ending caught me by surprise and it's cool, but the kid sure doesn't seem phased by it. I would have liked a better emotional response from him. But I may be wrong, if he was intended to not care then so be it.
    Thanks! I have gotten a couple responses about the younger man's reactions to the situation but it was a conscious decision, however it is hard to get into on the thread as it would easily ruin the story for those who have yet to watch it. I'm glad you enjoyed it though, and I really appreciate the feedback! I will be giving you some feedback too after I watch/rewatch all the films.....what with there only being 24....

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast