Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    AG-AF100 lenses?
    This AG-AF100 looks so promising and built kind of like my 150.. and I Love that it's not P2 cards.. Does anyone know if at this price it comes with a lens? What type of mount is stock and or what options/ capabilities will this front mount offer? I think I have something to save for and will look into some lense options.

cheers all at the frontlines of NAB.

2. Collapse Details
    It uses the Micro Four Thirds lens mount, so you can use all the existing m4/3 lenses, or you can get adapters that let you use pretty much any SLR lens ever made.

3. Collapse Details
    Rockin'
    Matt Gottshalk - Director/ Dp/ and Emmy Award Winning Editor
    Producer, Digital Creative for the United States Postal Service

4. Collapse Details
    I'm excited about this camera... as I know that Panasonic ships solid cameras that work from day one, without the need for fixes and updates and such. This is really a great leap forward cause the DSLRs are nice, but they are just as frustrating as well. Sometimes shooting with the 150 after those is just like a pleasant walk in the park.

WIll there be the crop 1.6 x thing?

5. Collapse Details
    Although there are many lenses already out for the m43 format, is there one for the event shooter? He needs a rocker zoom and at least 8x zoom.

If Panasonic could make a lens for this camera that, once attached, makes the AF100 about the size, shape, weight, and balance as the HVX170, that would be perfect.

It need not be a full 13x zoom, but if long enough, then it would appeal to thousands of wedding and event shooters who would like the shallow depth of field but don't want to mess with primes or hard-to-smoothly zoom SLR lenses.

6. Collapse Details
    Combat... I share your sentiments exactly. I know the kit lens for the GH1 is a 14x140 or so.. .so there's hope that a 2.0 version of this might be what's called for.

I personally don't need a servo zoom, but getting something that's pretty fast and 8-10x is ideal. Soemthing atleast a 2.8 would be good...

7. Collapse Details
    I understand your requests for glass, but -- look around. Do you see ANY SLR lenses (that cover the large frame) that are 10:1 zooms, at f/2.0? Look at cinema glass -- do they have any 10:1 zooms at f/2.0? And if they do, are they priced at less than $40,000 or so?

Glass is an issue -- bigger sensors means bigger glass. I hope someone comes out with something, but where do you even start to look?

8. Collapse Details
    You're right, Barry. The 14-140 lens is 10x but opens up to about f/4, or only f/5.6 when zoomed all the way in!

On the other hand, isn't it smaller than the HPX170's? If you made it the same size, and even shortened it a little, could you get any more iris? Maybe not f/2 but an f/2.8 to f/4?

For f/2.8 throughout the zoom, the iris would have to open to 2 inches, which I think is three times the diameter of the HPX's iris. (sigh)

Still, I would like to know what could be done, given the HPX170 size constraint. What is the best balance of zoom and iris you could fit there? Any professional lens designers out there?
    Last edited by combatentropy; 04-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    What you want is this:

Zeiss Master Zoom - 16.5-110mm T2.6:

http://www.zeiss.de/c125756900453232...25756f003df792

Weighs 12kg.

You can get one here for 60000$ (used):
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42362

DVXUSER TimeFest!

10. Collapse Details
    I'm loving my Zeiss ZF set on my 5D. I've never tried the Lumix though. What is the crop factor on a micro 4/3?
    Tony Reale
    Director | DP

nextwavedv.com | creativeedgepro.com | tonyreale.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast