Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm very happy to see that DV is being offered in memory-card camcorders still.

SD is not dead; and it's a shame to see good old basic reliable DV be left out in so many models.

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

2. Collapse Details
    It's still true about what I said regardless how many it sold. Theirs no excuse to not have a focusing ring in a camera that much when an older AG-DVC15 and consumer DV camcorders such as the DV953, GS400 and and the GS500 had one.

A lot of people missed out on an opportunity to try using one earlier on. At least it's much more different now.

3. Collapse Details
    I agree that there are a lot of folks around the world that will like a shoulder mount, inexpensive SD camera, to complement their other work. Looking at the excellent documentaries on Youtube that Sony is sponsoring, called "The Screening Room" http://www.youtube.com/ytscreeningroom shows that a lot of very fine work is being done in SD still. It's still all about the story. And it seems to me that a lot of HD shooters are trying pretty hard to emulate a grunge look that SD does pretty well out of the box! Might even become a 'retro' look that we all want to shoot in a few years down the line, sort of like some people's needs to still do still photos that look like they were done with silver photography processes. I was in my local pro shop a few days back, and they still selling Ilford silver printing paper! Must be a market there...

Looking at this camera at this price point, I might have gone with this camera had it been available, over the HMC 150 for my admittedly limited documentary style uses. It will be interesting to see how it compares image quality wise to the 150. Is there any pointers to a decent comparison of the existing camera?
    Last edited by 8string; 04-17-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123