Page 11 of 306 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NURBS View Post
    Same result, camera don't see any new firmware.
    You must see something more.. Do IT ;)
    Please, describe you exact steps and how it don't see it.
    Did it see original unmodified 1.12 firmware?
    Or only newer versions?
    I also must know timing, do you notice any delay?
    And if you put many different BIN files on flash card (change name to __114 etc) ?

Having camera in my hands could save amazing amounts of time here.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 05-20-2010 at 10:35 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Camera don't see original unmodified 1.12 firmware.
    I think, camera see only new firmware.

Yes I'm understand this situation, but in this moment we can do it only together.

Regards
    NURBS

3. Collapse Details
    I downloaded the firmware tools from your blog and tried make1.bat, the following happens:

The camera notices the firmware (Turn on camera, go in play mode.) and asks me to upgrade. I choose yes. Version Up Ongoing screen shows up, and a firmware upgrade is in progress. The focus assist light is burning at the same time (Normal I think).

No errors after finishing. Camera still works fine! This is looking good. How can I check what firmware is installed to see what version number it is, and what do I try next? I really do not want to brick my camera however, I'm a poor student and pretty much all my money of the past months went up in this camera. However, I do want this firmware hack to happen.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, it might also be because I updated lastly with the 1.2 firmware from Panasonic before they changed it to the battery-eliminating 1.2 firmware, so that might explain why it upgraded without problems.

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibs View Post
    I downloaded the firmware tools from your blog and tried make1.bat, the following happens:

The camera notices the firmware (Turn on camera, go in play mode.) and asks me to upgrade. I choose yes. Version Up Ongoing screen shows up, and a firmware upgrade is in progress. The focus assist light is burning at the same time (Normal I think).

No errors after finishing. Camera still works fine! This is looking good. How can I check what firmware is installed to see what version number it is, and what do I try next? I really do not want to brick my camera however, I'm a poor student and pretty much all my money of the past months went up in this camera. However, I do want this firmware hack to happen.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think of it, it might also be because I updated lastly with the 1.2 firmware from Panasonic before they changed it to the battery-eliminating 1.2 firmware, so that might explain why it upgraded without problems.
    In fact it looks that you just went too fast. :-(
    As we now know actual upgrade was not necessary to make jet. :-)
    As I understand, if using make_fps.bat you could have 24fps camera with 99% probability :-)
    And it is not possible to downgrade, as far as I can understand?

Try to look if camera can now see version made by make_fps2.bat

It also looks that we may want people with firmware previous to current version to test fps patch as digest is not working (your make1 version had damaged digest anyway).

5. Collapse Details
    Hmmm, very interesting deal, why my camera don't see any program..

6. Collapse Details
    Well, that's too bad. I won't be testing the 24fps test, as I have no use for 24fps (I use a 25fps pal version)

7. Collapse Details
    is this 24fps or 23.97fps?

8. Collapse Details
    For your reference (in case don't have it) this is a copy of the 1.2 firmware patch that allows you to use 3rd party batteries. This is the version Panasonic pulled shortly after release and the version that Chibs just patched away from (I suspect)

[redundant]

Perhaps you might be able to compare the changes made between this and the current firmware release and include 3rd party battery compatibility in a new firmware?

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Jalad; 06-12-2010 at 09:31 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Problems was due to ptool worked v1.12, I already modified it to work with latest version available from Panasonic site.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 04-20-2010 at 03:09 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    I tried, but it does not show the upgrade screen from the makefps2.bat version, sorry.

Page 11 of 306 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast