Page 264 of 306 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 3054
  1. Collapse Details
    Those bends would be due to the automatic correction of the lens distortion, most likely if you'd be using an adapted lens you would not get this bending, but a straight line.

2. Collapse Details
    Vitaliy, a new GH1 f/w release?

3. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrgurMG View Post
    Each adjustment tested in 4 conditions..
    Thanks again.
    But due to my fault this results are not very useful.
    Thing is that I believe that last two parameters (sw and sh) are directly related to sensor width and sensor height (hence the abbreviations).
    So, such huge changes have little use.
    It is advisable to use small adjustments and do not cross 4400 for width.
    And same thing for height.

My understanding is as foollows - this settings together with other two(I'll add them to ptool soon) define actual window.
    But RAW data transfer have other setup parameters (also will be added).

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventsam View Post
    I know about this.
    Looks pretty strange.
    As no one of guys who tried this firmware found any difference.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
    Yes, it is still useful.
    I need reprted resolution and mode (like 1080i60) by TV for all playback modes.
    Done those earlier, but probably got lost in the craziness. http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showpost.p...postcount=2476

a) Regular HDMI playback mode.
    1) Pictures, all aspects - 720p.
    2) AVCHD (unpatched) FHD - 1080i.
    3) AVCHD (native) FHD - 1080i.
    4) AVCHD SHD - 720p
    b) Viera-link on -- everything shows as 720p.

The two TVs I tried this on, a Panasonic and Sony only report resolution in HDMI mode. Refresh rates only reported when using VGA cable.

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    PTool 3.37d new release

www.pentax-hack.info/firmware/pan/ptool3d.zip

Removed some sensor m4 adjustment patches.
    Four new sensor m4 patches added (promized to GrgurMG).

Note. This release is intended to experienced testers only.

to GrgurMG. I hope you could do something useful with this new patches.
    Note that it is better to keep (raw w)*(raw h)=constant. But experiments also ok.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 06-18-2010 at 08:50 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Kiselev View Post
    I know about this.
    Looks pretty strange.
    As no one of guys who tried this firmware found any difference.
    I bet it addresses the blue shift bug.

People who want to try it, should google for "blue shift" in the GH1 forum. It happens with skies and certain shades of blue, on any gamma other than "standard."

8. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    I bet it addresses the blue shift bug.

People who want to try it, should google for "blue shift" in the GH1 forum. It happens with skies and certain shades of blue, on any gamma other than "standard."
    OK, we'll see after testing.
    Until this fix will be officially available at Panasonic site (not under password protected section) all I can do is wait for this version to become official.
    Last edited by Vitaliy Kiselev; 06-18-2010 at 12:21 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Have been testing the new m4 settings... will post results later on tonight.

10. Collapse Details
    Sensor m4 Adjustment 9 & 10
    MJPEG Quality Patched -> 384, 330, 300, 276
    MJPEG Tables Patched -> 24, 24, 24, 24

Each adjustment tested in 4 conditions:

1) On-Camera Light On - ISO 320
    2) Light On - ISO 1600
    3) Light Off - ISO 1600
    4) Light Off - ISO 100
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor m4 Adjustment 9 Tested with below settings

Set 1) 240
    Set 2) 960
    Set 3) 1920
    Set 4) 0

Results:

http://www.jerseyforged.com/sampleclips/m4_adjust9.zip

Although the task at hand is pretty obvious, I've shown these to illustrate how this adjustment seems to function and how under or overshooting the saught after value looks. Set 1 and 2 are obviously undershot... Set 3 is overshot. FYI, a setting of 0 (Set 4) completely and immediately freezes the camera once you start recording.

Now, for the goal... to find standard value that you would plugin for this adjustment to operate as if it wasn't patched. Sounds easy enough... but not quite. As illustrates above I tried 1920... then I tried 1280... then upon doing some pixel math on how far 1280 seemed to undershoot it seems like it was going to be 1440... which was close but no cigar.

Closer I got to the value, the harder it was to compare. Shooting across at something with a tripod was no good.. cuz every little touch of the camera askewed the results.. so I wound up tapeing something across the lens hood to compare against. Also, you reach a point where the difference between the live view and the m4 while recording isn't noticable, due to the LCDs low resolution. But alas, long story short.. the number I came up with was 1452.. although due to various factor's.. I won't say I'm 100% on it. It seems simply selecting Adjustment 9 (which effects the horizontal) nudges the vertical up two pixels.. without having Adjustment 10 even selected. Furthermore, just playing with Adjustment 10 seemed to leave the horizontal nudged one pixel to the left (or was it right). Someone with a more stable testing setup may wish to retest for accuracy.

In any case, I moved to the Adjustment 10 setting which I will glance over because it simply works the same way as 9 in terms of overshooting, undershooting, freezing at 0, and so forth.... just with height instead of width. The number I've come up with so far for it is 820. That leaves the Adjustment 9 & 10 combo at...

1452 x 820

This however, may be slightly off as used together the image seems to be off by a pixel or two vertically... but when adjusting Adjustment 10 by two.. I got no difference. There's alot of factors that I'm sure are just toying with me.. like the scaling on encode. I tested with unpached size as well as patched to 1920.

I attempted to set the encoder width and height to 1452x820... but as with many irregular sizes it seems to instigate some error. Do we know much in regards to what allows a MJPEG size setting to work or not? Was there any possible benefit to having the MJPEG size and encoder size patched non-integrated in terms of resolving sizing issues?

Anyway.. it doesn't seem like I came up with much.. but just getting those numbers required ALOT of firmware reflashing. I'm very glad we got the version compare patch when we did. Lets assume 1452x820 is the correct number... what exactly does this mean? It seems to sensor scales down to this number.. then scales/crops to 720... or at least I'm guessing. Perhaps this number gives us insight into the cameras actual effective video resultion. Then again, perhaps I'm entirely off base... in which case feel free to chime in.

I was hoping to get to adjustments 11 and 12... but they'll have to wait a short bit.

Page 264 of 306 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast