Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the review bro! I've been scarce these days with my impending deployment, so I've just now gotten around to seeing it.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by RodThompson View Post
    Thanks for the review bro! I've been scarce these days with my impending deployment, so I've just now gotten around to seeing it.
    You're famous now!!!
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

3. Collapse Details
    hehehehe
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Aweee thanks Lawsuit_Boy! Yep Ben - two thumbs up!

Good to see you around Lawsuit btw!
    Sure thing, my friend. It's nice to pop my head back in here. Life's been super busy lately. I miss writing my essays for each film, haha. Maybe they were excessive, but I always had fun writing them.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

5. Collapse Details
    And I've got a small script in the works that might be suitable for the next fest, and might actually come in under the time limit for once! Just have to finish the darn thing!

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    The Sunshine List
    Ironically the voice over dialogue in this film is exactly what my lady friend Sarah says juuuust about me (ooh yeah!) I appluad the exploration of love/sensuality/eroticism, even if it is explored with a kind of unintended grainy voyeur aesthetic! (Finally a good use from all those old sex tapes!!!) I think the voice over / script is okay, could do with refinement - less focus on how awesome her boobs are (and the repetition of those phrases) and muuuuch more variety (and abstract) visuals - that add up to show us her final form as it were! Interesting work, brave and original if in need of technical improvement!
    Haven't been on the forum in a while so just reading all your reviews. Wow, some of those reviews are hardcore! Love the direct honesty across the board!

I think part of the redundancy on the talking about her body was to mislead the audience into thinking he only has sex on his mind. Like many people (women) think about guys..which we do to an extent. However I wanted to show something more mixed in there subtly. If I went too hardcore on other things he may have came across too sappy and not real. I wanted it to sound like a conversation he's having with another guy, maybe in a bar or coffee shop. You know how two old friends sit around talking about a woman..you kind of focus a little on the sex and sort of macho it up a little bit. But I guess I'm overanalyzing it, maybe rationalizing it. It was the first thing I shot on the HDSLR camera and it was literally setup/scheduled, written and shot all in one day which probably can't be anymore rushed..lol. And at the time I was trying to figure out the camera better so it could have definitely been better. Either way I really do appreciate you seeing the originality in it. I do feel it's quite different and I try my best to do things that aren't as common. I think that's one of the nicest compliments a filmmaker can get..is that your film is brave and original..so thanks again and thanks for taking the time to do this on all the films, it's great to read reviews from someone who's seen them all!
    Last edited by GoodLuck; 05-07-2010 at 04:33 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
    Director Reel: https://vimeo.com/39714929
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/goodluckpictures/videos

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sliker View Post
    jeez. I almost don't know what to do with myself now. he he. Two thumbs up from Lawrie? Is this some sort of alternate universe or something?

Thanks!!!
    ROM is a great film, well deserved on any accolades or awards!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
    Director Reel: https://vimeo.com/39714929
    Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/goodluckpictures/videos

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345