1. Collapse Details
    LTM Full Spectrum Pepper Lighting Kit
    I stumbled onto the website of a production house in Sant Cruz who were selling a lot of 2nd hand equipment, including the kit named in the thread heading above. You can see it here at the B&H site (check out what is included while you're here):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=B35sj4f3mK!1017093354?ci=1&sb= ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes& O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=+%09+LTM+ Full+Spectrum+Pepper+Lighting+Kit&image.x=8&am p;image.y=5

Since I live in West Virginia, I asked a friend in Scotts Valley to have a look at the kit against a list of what should be included and asked him to test the heads. He reported back that only 2 of the heads had ever been out of original packaging and that ALL accessories were still sealed in original plastic and that everything worked and was absolutely mint. So I emailed them and offered $1300 and today they accepted, but I haven't sent a check yet. The kit is $2,700 at B&H, so it seems like a pretty good deal to me, though I'm not sure I'll ever find a use for a 100W fresnel. Maybe a cool desk lamp on a little backlight stand!

I haven't heard much around here about Peppers, but a few mentions on other web site about them. I should have asked for feedback sooner I guess, but I just forgot in my enthusiasm for a deal.

Does anyone have some negative or even positive comments?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: LTM Full Spectrum Pepper Lighting Kit
    It sounds like your totally hooked up. I haven't used those LTMs personally, but I've heard good things.

That is the deal of a lifetime. The LTM Pepper 100 can take a 200 watt bulb (it's just a smaller face/tighter beam than the 200) if you really want to up it. But personally I think the 100 will be mega-useful particularly for video. I could see myself reaching for that more than anything.

If it doesn't work out I'll take it off your hands for you.

3. Collapse Details
    peppers are great. you've got a really good deal on your hands, don't fret and send the check...

or pass the deal along to me, I'll charge it today!

4. Collapse Details
    That looks like a very well-rounded kit, and Peppers are good lights. Only thing I could say about 'em is that they get H O T... other than that, you've got an extremely versatile kit there that could get you through 99% of DV shooting situations!

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Guys.
    This is more kit in one bite than I ever hoped to own and added to the lights I already own, more lights than I'll probably ever use, but I can't resist the deal. The also have a Lowel Softlight2 Kit in a case, which I could probably get for $400 and a Lowel DP Kit (4 Omnis, stands, doors, etc.) for about $800. If any one else is interested, let me know FAST, maybe we can beat them down a bit more.

There's a great deal on a new Arri SuperCombo Kit at Kayes Lites
    http://www.kayelites.com/

(click "For Sale" > "New Equipment Sales > scroll halfway down)

$2,100 for a 1K Miniflood, One 300W fresnel & Two 650W fresnels with stands, accessories, nice hard case, etc. I lust for it, but even at that price can't afford it.