1. Collapse Details
    New Short Film shot with 7D
    Hey everyone,

Check out my latest 4 minute short film that we shot with the 7D (with Nikon lenses). It was a lot of fun. Aside from the lack of a viewfinder (we used my friend's LCDVF to great effect), it was great!

We shot in a variety of light conditions - the brightest beach to the darkest night. The 7D handled it all with grace. I am continually amazed at what these DSLRs can do. Incredible.

Check it out here: http://vimeo.com/groups/beyondthestill/videos/10363683

Cheers,
    Keegan

2. Collapse Details
    Looks really good, man. Nice acting and sound work as well!

3. Collapse Details
    The wobbling in almost every shot of someone's face really took away from what was there, looked like you were using long enough lenses to cause a problem if they were handheld. I would've liked to have seen those shots from a tripod instead.

4. Collapse Details
    Good stuff. Gonna follow this.

5. Collapse Details
    Very nice indeed.
    Sony A7s, Blackmagic Pocketcam, Sony EX-1, Canon 7D and loads of other goodies. Just staying FILMMATIC

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Keegan,

It looked fantastic.

I just didn't buy that the guy would toss the wallet out his window without any awareness whatsoever. He was just staring right at it. The likelihood of that actually happening is so low as to be unbelievable. Perhaps there's a fix...
    “There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.” -Warren Buffett, New York Times

Radiation
    Alternatives
    Hell of a Deal

pfb

7. Collapse Details
    yeah, I tried to make it seem plausible that after moving the wallet into the light to get a better view of the photo, he is startled by the gunshot and drops it, and then is too worried about the rest of the situation to stop to pick up his wallet. it works for some, it doesn't for others. I puzzled a long time on how to make that beat feel real. Sorry it didn't work for ya!

keegan

Quote Originally Posted by polfilmblog View Post
    Hi Keegan,

It looked fantastic.

I just didn't buy that the guy would toss the wallet out his window without any awareness whatsoever. He was just staring right at it. The likelihood of that actually happening is so low as to be unbelievable. Perhaps there's a fix...

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallTim View Post
    The wobbling in almost every shot of someone's face really took away from what was there, looked like you were using long enough lenses to cause a problem if they were handheld. I would've liked to have seen those shots from a tripod instead.
    Agreed. Most noticeable on the 85mm for sure. I also would have preferred all shots with that lens to have been on a tripod. All the shots of faces on the beach were on a tripod. Not sure which shots of faces you mean, actually. But there was definitely some wobble in places!

keegan

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by keeganuhl View Post
    Agreed. Most noticeable on the 85mm for sure. I also would have preferred all shots with that lens to have been on a tripod. All the shots of faces on the beach were on a tripod. Not sure which shots of faces you mean, actually. But there was definitely some wobble in places!

keegan
    I thought it was inoffensive and, prior to your comment, intended, a la "The Shield." It helps further the story, imo.

10. Collapse Details
    This film has been chosen as a finalist. Voting is now open, you can vote for your favorite finalist here:

http://vimeo.com/groups/beyondthestill