Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks Ben,

My GH1 arrives early next week so the first thing I'll do is go through your post step by step.

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info! Very helpful to gather all in one place.

3. Collapse Details
    I am a newbie, just wondering why set wind cut to OFF. I thought it's supposed to be good to have the WIND CUT on.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    I am a newbie, just wondering why set wind cut to OFF. I thought it's supposed to be good to have the WIND CUT on.

Now maybe you see my point. LOL
    hierarchy films

"I am looking for a cinematic approach that will display more angles and creative sweeping movements more like a music video.
    I also want a video that will have a soundtrack that will set the theme of my wedding production and the end result is more dramatic.
    Can you offer me this in your video, if so then I will book too! Also can you work with budgets?"

5. Collapse Details
    Having wind cut on will mean low frequencies will be cut at all times, wind or not. It's the kind of thing to use only when there's absolutely no alternative. What alternatives? Well, use an external mic with a good windshield, or use a separate sound recording system (also with a protected mic).

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    Yeah, you're cutting out frequencies which is never a good idea to do in-camera with software. It's another auto audio function in a camera too loaded with auto audio functions. If you need to cut out frequencies it's better to do it in post where you have more control, especially on a camera with automatic gain and no monitoring. Turning on a cut on a real sound deck isn't such a big deal because you can hear what it's doing.

7. Collapse Details
    +1 For this being a sticky. There is some great info for newbs to the camera on the first page.
    Adrian

8. Collapse Details
    My GH1 arrived so I've been going through this thread to set my camera up. I'm selling the Kit lens and using my collection of Pentax Lenses so I can't shoot anything until my adaptor arrives (well, I could, but I don't won't to hurt the resale value of the lens).

One useful thing that should be added to the list:

Put your camera in any still photo mode apart from iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. Hit the menu button and in the top menu (Picture of a still camera) select the "ISO Increments" option on the 4th page. Change the selection from "1 EV" to "1/3 EV". Return to creative movie mode, and you will now have smaller ISO increments to choose from.

9. Collapse Details
    i don't really see this being a sticky, although informative...but this was covered probably the first month the camera came out. and it's still based on how you shoot.

10. Collapse Details
    damn, why can't my posts be modified...if i post how i shoot, can it be stickied as well?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast