Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I (insert Actor's name here) permit (production name here) to use my image in any way they see fit.

is good enough, now forget it and work on the production.

If an Actor doesn't sign, fire them and replace them with someone who will sign. You may have to reshoot and rewrite.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vic777 View Post
    I (insert Actor's name here) permit (production name here) to use my image in any way they see fit.

If an Actor doesn't sign, fire them and replace them with someone who will sign. You may have to reshoot and rewrite.
    Sorry, vic, but unless you're a lawyer, I think more research should be done by anyone looking into this issue.

3. Collapse Details
    Chapelgrove Films
    Quote Originally Posted by vic777 View Post

Yeah, this kind of slipshod thing is just begging for trouble later down the line. "...in any way they see fit"? Who in their right mind would sign that?

Good sample contracts can be had for free here -- http://sonnyboo.com/downloads/downloads.htm

4. Collapse Details
    Actors releases are just part of the pile of boilerplate you should amass as part of ANY thing you'll ever show to another person. It can be pretty daunting starting out (at least it was for me). After reading a few of these threads years ago we went out and bought a set of canned forms to start from. We've tailored them occasionally to meet different circumstances, but they've served us well. There's several out there and I wouldn't know to endorse any one over another but the one's we've used came from attorney Mark Litwak. He offers a variety of products -
    http://www.marklitwak.com/

Best wishes on your project !

5. Collapse Details
    If I was handed a release with the phrase "any way they see fit" on it, I would politely ask them to get me a real "actor's release form" to sign. Having that on a release screams "We, the Production company, have no clue what we are doing, and hopefully you, as the actor, can't see that."

Thanks for the chuckle, Vic777. That was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Doc Bernard; 11-18-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123