Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Take a look at bescor's LED150. I have several and they work great and last forever on the NMH battery (4 hours at a minimum)

2. Collapse Details
    I have 2 of the SWIT lights you mentioned and if you are interested I will sell them to you much cheaper than new. That said, I also have a couple of the Comer 1800 lights and they are better. The batteries for them are cheap and last a surprisingly long time. The last shoot I did, one lasted a good 5 hours.

Regardless of which light you choose of the 2, you will need additional batteries for them.

There is a larger battery for the HMC 150 camera but it is only slightly cheaper than the long lasting ones from Panasonic who dropped their prices a bit, so go with the Panny.

3. Collapse Details
    For me, the best light is the Pather Romy 75 with a perfect dimming function.
    An other advantage over other lights is it compactness and lightniss.
    It works and works....

4. Collapse Details
    THanks
    but really i did not understand what did you said about the
    battery mounts on the back of the light
    please explain more
    is there any battery mount for the light battery or there is something else please explain easily

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sharif_al View Post
    THanks
    but really i did not understand what did you said about the
    battery mounts on the back of the light
    please explain more
    is there any battery mount for the light battery or there is something else please explain easily
    There is a bracket (or mount) on the rear of the Comer light that is designed to accept only Sony L Series style batteries. Therefore the light has its own power source with the L Series style battery, and the camera is powered by its own Panasonic battery: each has its own power source.

6. Collapse Details
    sharif al, hope these pictures can help you understand better how the battery is mounted on the back of the light

With NP-F970 Batteries and NP-F770 Batteries

7. Collapse Details
    +3 for the Comer 1800 and LAColorShop! My experience with both has been very good.
    "I'd like to say that I've never come across two know nothing pretenders on the weird wide web before, but unfortunately it's all too common and is exactly why, according to the last government survey, only 5% of all internet users ever use forums or chats. And it's exactly why I'm done with this one. You two really need to get jobs and out of your mother's basements. You can't fix stupid. And I don't have time for stupid." -swoopie

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah they have similar form factor. but these lights are way much brighter than LP micro. However, their warming filter is too yellow + green tint. I also have these lights avaialble.

http://lacolorshop.com/products/item.asp?id=Pro126

10. Collapse Details
    Having read all the posts here, I popped for Comer 1800 and 900 for lighting interviews. Bought them from Taky. Glad I did. Taky's service was as good as it gets. The lights are easy to set up, fast to set up, fast to take down, great light, more than adequate for my situation. No longer had need for florescent overheads.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast