Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    betrayalFEST - VIEWING NOW OPEN
    PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. THINGS HAVE CHANGED A BIT. IF YOU DON'T READ THIS CAREFULLY.... SHAME ON YOU

We are happy to announce that the films of betrayalFEST are now live and available for public viewing and rating.

The rating system is slightly different this time.

Here are the changes:
    There will be two sets of ratings for all of the films this time. One set that is per the norm (submitting filmmakers or dvxuser members with 50 or more posts). This category of ratings is what will decide the usual winners as well as allocation of any physical prizes (should there be any).

HOWEVER, everyone is now welcome and encouraged to rate the films for the benefit of the filmmakers. There are two types of feedback that filmmakers receive in DVXFest. Direct feedback in the form of written word in their individual film discussion threads. And, the ratings of the films on an individual basis using a 10 point system (10 being the uber-awesome-highest rating available. Both are invaluable.

You don't even need to be a dvxuser member to vote. guests are welcome as well. At the very least, ratings from dvxuser members with less than 50 posts and from non-dvxuser members alike will provide yet another set of feedback from a broader audience for the filmmakers benefit. At best, it will serve as an additional tier of acknowledgement for the filmmakers. "Audience Favorite" category if you will.

Please note, that the opening of the ratings system to additional members/guests is a first time attempt, so we aren't placing a lot of weight on it, and it is (and likely always will be, should it survive) IN ADDITION TO the usual voting structure. It's not a replacement of or merely expansion of the previous rating guidelines that decide prizes and such.

It would be like this:
    DVXFest Member Vote (dvxuser members with 50 or more posts, or submitting filmmakers regardless of post count) - This decides our usual winners and prize distribution (should there be any)

Audience Vote - This includes all eligible votes from the above category as well as all other ratings from any other person who would like to participate, be they dvxuser members or not. These results will likely be provided along with the DVXFest Member Vote results. They may be provided strictly for informational purposes, or they may be provided as an additional set of acknowledgements. We reserve the right to make this decision at the time of the final winners announcement, and we have had the opportunity to properly examine the success or failure of this new voter inclusion. We have only the goal for this fest of providing these results for the benefit of the filmmaker as another set of data for indirect feedback. Anything beyond that is simply gravy.

There may, or may not, also be an additional category of acknowledgements in the form of a panel organized by dvxuser staff/administrators and made up of industry professionals. This may or may not include additional prizes. i.e. screening at additional film festivals, public review/interview of film/filmmaker(s), etc, etc.

--

Ok... so, everyone can vote.. great... how do I do it?
    I will provide a link at the end of this thread where you can download and rate the films right there on the same page as you watch them.

You are strongly encouraged NOT to try to *rank* the films as you vote. The system does a great job of taking care of that.

1 is worst. 10 stars is best in the rating system. Please approach the rating from the standpoint of merely providing that individual filmmaker indirect feedback on how his/her film was received by you on a scale of 1 to 10. you can have multiple films rated the same. That is completely fine. You watch a film, you think it was an 8 out of 10 stars, you rate it as such, and you move on to the next one. rinse and repeat. View and rate the films individually as much as possible. The system is at its best when you do this.

You may change your ratings as much as you like within a given round. Meaning, in round one if you watched a film, maybe it didn't resonate as strongly with you on first viewing, you gave it a 6. You viewed it again, or thought about it, and decided that the film was worthy of a better (or worse score). Feel free to just click the star rating you would like to change it to. You can do this until that round of voting is complete. At the time that a round of voting is completed, those votes are locked and carried over to any later rounds. Later rounds are to help equalize the number of votes, allow you to vote on finalist films that perhaps you did not get around to viewing and rating in the previous round, as well as to allow new voters the opportunity to view and rate a more limited number of films.

---

What you definitely should NOT do:

If you vote beg in any way, and we find out, we'll dq you immediately from competition, and possibly even remove your film from the fest entirely. DO NOT BEG FOR VOTES. Promote the fests. Promote your film, and your peers films, just don't tell people to go and vote for your film. Encourage them to vote, that is fine... You get what I'm saying. common sense stuff.

Do NOT try to rig the voting system. Don't over-value your film. don't under-value what you think is your likely competition. Don't give perfect 10's to all the films you worked on and then ignore everyone else or rate them down, etc, etc.... Its' just not cool. Please respect the system and your peers and just give them honest feedback indirectly by rating their films anonymously, and (if you can spare them the time) certainly provide direct feedback in their threads.

---

anyways... blah, blah, blah...
    Ok. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED DVXUSER MEMBER make sure you log in to the viewing page using your dvxuser credentials. Don't vote without being logged in. Guest votes are only for people who are not registered dvxuser members. Non-dvxuser members may also vote. They don't need to log in or register or anything. Their votes will be remembered and they can also change their ratings just as anyone else can. However, repeating. you MUST log in using your dvxuser credentials if you are a dvxuser member. Guest voting (not logged in) is only for non-dvxuser members.

I think that covers it... sorry for the ramble. I'm sure I wasn't as clear as I needed to be on some of this stuff, so feel free to post up any questions/concerns in this thread and we'll be happy to address them.

--

TECHINICAL ISSUES:
    If you encounter any technical issues in the downloading, viewing, voting process pleae post here so that we may address it.

Have fun....
    http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

2. Collapse Details
    bump. sorry i made you read that rambly long post

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com | www.dvxfest.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

3. Collapse Details
    Here we go!!!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    1st Technical issue ... can't open the link.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

5. Collapse Details
    I got a 404 not found page

6. Collapse Details
    Its not letting me open the link. Its giving me:

The requested URL /betrayalfest/index_r1.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

7. Collapse Details
    Try just making it an index, here:

http://www.dvxfest.com/betrayalfest/index.php

(Guessed it, designed enough websites! sorry!)

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details
    I find that at the current, if you shorten the link to just the "betrayalfest/" and cut it off at that poing, it'll get you in. If I try to download a zip from THAT page, then I still get the 404 page ... so then I have to click on the link to force download (vs. waiting for the page to come up), and that took me to the actual index page ... where I've currently got a couple of zip files downloading from.

Edit: What Chris said.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

10. Collapse Details
    betrayal0010.zip seems to be linked to 0009.zip and a lot of the other zip's are dead links

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast